Y&R: Episode discussion, Week of January 25, 2010

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And, contrary to the glowing comments from Stephen Nichols, Jess Walton must be a backstabbing whore!?

Ma Bell from Beverly Hills is just...ugh, it's so frustrating, I wish Y&R would just get canceled at this point. At least if it were canceled today we could all say "Well at least Jeanne Cooper ended the show, at least Victor and Nikki were happy, at least Jack, Jill, Ashley, Tracey and Billy survived with Jabot etc"

When 2011 rolls around, I cannot fathom what the show will look like.

• Members

It HAS been bad, but I think this week has improved somewhat. And if the actresses are wearing their own clothes... it dpeneds on who it is, whether they look good or not. Melody's taste in real life is QUITE lacking, IMO.... but Jeanne wears her own clothes from what I understand, as did Dickson. Jess wears her own jewelry (Which I like) but otherwise, Jess is dressing like a FRUMP.

• Members

The fabric looks so cheap and so thin...the ruffles on the shoulders and in the middle of it. It's just so dated.

Coupled with the fact that it's not even form fitting.

I'm not being a hater, I swear. I just really hate that damn shirt and just about what everyone is wearing on the show these days. Jill's jacket looks terrible too.

• Members

I won't lie Mark I havn't been watching consistently at all (barely watch full epis when I do watch) but I havn't gotten the full impression of Tucker that you're speaking of here therefore I'm not matching this set to any of these "characteristics of his". He's playing Jill he's moved into a new town, so that does give him a playa card and a seemingly imbalanced and or unsettled card but I wouldn't definitively say these elements are his primary characterization. That makes him a disorganized old playboy/nerd If this is what there is to him, I'm not buying that he needs Katherine, Victor, Neil,, Cane, Michael and Jack to take him down. So if TPTB is trying to draw these symbollic themes through Tucker's home they are again playing the wrong beats.

The set is one step above Bo and Hope's boat on DOOL from 1994 on fwd to me

This sounds more like some sort of Napolean complexity (forgive me I don't know what other term to use). Sounds like you're describing this small character who is naively convinced of the justification of their own vindictiveness or with them being drunk with the power of their own manipulations and malitions so much so that this makes them feel big, but we already know Tucker shouldn't be naive or easily out witted just by the fact that he needs Katherine, Victor and Jack to band together to take back what he took from them.

I like the fact that Nichols, like Russ, is playing Tucker more easy going for now but what Nichols is doing is he's exuding a different kind of confidence as the character. He's already more convincing in this characters one uppness undertone.

Archived