OLTL: Discussion for the week January 18

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I am tired of the same scene partners too. This show needs to mix it up and see who works well together. I'm liking the mix at Cris/Layla/Fish/Ford's apt and Rachel/Sky being roommates now, as well as everyone 'crashing' at Todd's. Great ways to get more interaction with people and to use less sets. :lol:

• Members

Oh I never thought of that, I would totally love that. Charlie sure could use a "male" friend, especially one that has gone through the same thing he has. I do enjoy the Charlie/Brody scenes but it does make a lot of sense to have Charlie and Bo bond.

And FINALLY we got something with Viki talking about how she's feeling, about what she's going through concerning Charlie. They almost ALWAYS forget to tell it from that side, and while I am not a fan of Nora's I did enjoy their conversation.

Loved Clint and the girls, gosh that was so fun to watch.

• Members

Who was? No one and that's why she's off the show.

Assuming for an optimistic moment that Viki and Charlie's relationship survives this Mitch madness, they need something a bit less heartbreaking. I'd like to see the return of a strange, apparently aborted storyline from last summer, when the spoilers indicated that they were going to "expand their family" or adopt or something, which was hinted at in scenes they had with Bree around that time, but the scenes were clearly truncated because nothing about the Bankses expanding the family made it to air (a common practice at OLTL with certain stories/spoilers, apparently, thanks to the network, or so says Daytime Confidential). Given the conventiality of most soap plots, it boggles the mind to consider a couple as "old" (or soap old) adopting or taking on a young child, but I think that's exactly why it could be so interesting. No one expects Viki to ever have another kid, but what if she did? ATWT did it with Bob and Kim, who had Chris by the time they were approaching Viki and Charlie's current status. What if they did adopt some child, like literally, either an infant or a very young kid? Would it be "Cousin Oliver" or would it interest the audience? And of course poor Charlie would have another chance at being a dad.

More random [!@#$%^&*]: You know who'd make a good Greg Evans? Seth Gilliam from The Wire.

• Members

I could have sworn Seth was in a small role on some soap around the time he was on Oz, or right before Oz.

I haven't seen a lot of The Wire so that's what I always remember Seth Gilliam for. Such an odd role, most memorable for that towel-dropping scene, and also, Etta Mae from AW was his mother.

Archived