OLTL: Discussion for the week January 18

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I totally agree with you both :D

Llanview isn't hurting with attractive young men, so Langston suddenly having a wandering eye for this one is strange (though, I have to admit, he has a sense of...[!@#$%^&*] me eyes). Markko is the total package, and she's been with him for over two years now. I love them having a story, but they deserve better.

On the other hand, though, have they made any "Have you driven/ridden Ford lately?" jokes?

• Members

Time for my daily "I love Todd and Tea" post.

Best two characters on OLTL, and perhaps all of daytime.  Power couple.  TSJ and FL not only rock, but are almost singlehandedly making this show worth watching, with honorable mention to Jerry verDorn and Amanda Setton.

• Members

I was feeling the same thing. I hope that's the case.

Dani had the question of the century - Who is sicker/insane/completely fucked up and retarded, Todd or Téa? TÉA, I screamed!

It was hilarious when Cole pushed Mitch. He's the only one with balls in this town, I see.

The Sluts vs. The Gays - Round One! LOVED IT! And we need more. The ending was super soapy. My favorite kind.

• Members

Round 1 to The Sluts.

I was wrong. I see TSJ isn't content to secretly advertise Ambien. Now he's slipped some to FL. Todd and Tea are such buzzkill. They give Ambien a bad name. They drain all the life out of a show.

The highlight of today for me was the epic fight at the the Buchanan Mansion. Kyle and Kim getting their bitch on was fantastic. The "ass-whoopin'" just about did me in. "Check and mate, bitches," all the actors brought it today and those scenes crackled with energy.

I'm glad they have random characters retaliating against Mitch. I didn't see it coming but Cole clocking Mitch in public was sweet. Indeed a who killed Mitch mystery has to be in the works.

• Members

I think the impending Kish custody story (versus whoever - Sky? Rex? Gigi? Kim?) is one of the best things this show has going post-sweeps and I am really looking forward to that. It's a gold mine; they'd be fools to not do it and bring Tea into a story I can actually tolerate her in. I think Kish have become the standard for gay characters on daytime; Bianca simply was never allowed this level of intimacy or stories that did not de-sexualize her, or simply make her an asexual pity object, where other people would act out her aggression while Bianca sat around weeping. The baby could potentially de-sex Kish, but so far they're still quite intimate on-camera, including yesterday and today.

I liked the Blair/Langston stuff a lot as well. Very honest and they didn't let anyone call Langston a whore, 'cause she ain't. She's realistic. She is young, not even out of high school; her instincts would lead her to consider other options instead of staying with one guy forever. But girl, you'd be an idiot to give up Markko.

I noticed in the last two days the prominence of what I believe is a new photo of Evangeline and Layla on the shelf in Oliver and Layla's (and Cris and Ford's) place. If that is a hint I could be fine with it. I have made no secret of my distaste for St. Van of the Bad Blind Act, but if she came back all vixen-ish, a spoiler for Cristian and Layla (who are more natural together than she ever was with anyone), finally playing out the sublimated sibling rivalry between Princess Van and odd girl out Layla, that could be a lot of fun. It would also be another layer of different black female types on the show - Layla, Rachel, and Evangeline are all/could all be quite different in personality.

Mostly I want to see Layla and Rachel each get stories. I've said before I would love to see Layla go back to acting or to Bo and Snoop (and Megan's) soap Fraternity Row. Layla could bemoan being forced to slum in "a dying industry," while she could be cast as Megan's soap character's long-lost daughter. and Internet fans could catcall, demanding to know when Megan had the baby, age 8? The fact is it's downright ignorant for Layla, who was once a fashion magnate, to be reduced to working as a secretary at the cop shop. Then again it was stupid when Natalie did it too.

Archived