OLTL: Discussion for the week January 18

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll bet they can afford it now. Her Hollywood career consists of backup singer on Ally McBeal and Steven Seagal. And Broadway, sad to say, don't mean [!@#$%^&*]. A lot of big Broadway people have played under-fives on daytime.

• Members

I think the idea of Langston wanting something new could be interesting; I just wonder if she'd want Ford. He reminds me more of the type of guy who would be most popular with gay men. I'm not really sure of who else she would be drawn to, but what about someone who is more edgy, or whatever, like Markko was supposed to be when he first started on the show. Like the LeAnn story where she was torn between Kevin and Jason.

• Members

What if the choice were between anyone and Ford?

I would rather see Langston focus on whether she's ready for a long-term relationship, moreso than oh, this hot guy makes her want to cheat on her boyfriend who she was otherwise fine with until now.

Ford seems like one of those Tomlin era pin-ups to me, I just don't get his appeal.

• Members

Just watched today's show on delay and I totally agree that the Fish/Kyle vs. Kim/Stacy confrontation was the best part. Kyle started out so sketchy, but I'm liking how he is sticking up for Fish, and the idea of 'the gays' vs. Stacy for custody would rock! It would be typical in today's society if the ex-stripper/whore who slept with or tried to sleep with everyone was considered a 'better parent' than "the gays" just because they are gay. A future doctor AND a cop as parents opposed to the stripper/whore? Let it begin....

I am not liking the Langston/Ford idea at all. Why can't a couple on this show just be together without screwing it up? It's boring watching every couple go down the same path of destruction for hooking up with someone else. I'd much rather watch Markko and Langston's struggles with school, getting an apartment, and making it on their own without parents (since Markko's were basically willing to disown him for HER!).

I would love for Evangeline to come back. Isn't REG a fairly new parent tho? This could be a great, steady income for her while being able to raise her child. Susan Haskell does it, right? That could be a huge incentive and a Vange/Cris/Layla story would be worth watching. I'd also like to see her mix it up with Todd, John, and Natalie again.

Dump Ford and some other useless characters and bring back Evangeline, but only if it is REG.

• Members

I think I'm one of those people who feels some need to be contrary so if a show tells me someone is hot I automatically get my back up. If I didn't have to react that way I'd probably like him more, so I see your point.

• Members

But I'm in agreement with you that he is "just" a body. There are less attractive guys who I would be more attracted to if I were trying to settle down. In fact I would avoid the Ford type if I were trying to settle down. Markko is by far the better BF. I'm just saying I can understand why Langston's head is turned by him, especially given her age and experience level.

Brody would probably be long term relationship. When you see Ford all he is a [!@#$%^&*] buddy...

Exactly.

Archived