OLTL: Discussion for the week January 18

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ha I do that too to some extent--I also admit I'm tired of the super waxed, SUPER uber built soap stud look--it just seems so plastic to me and often makes me wonder how much of that time the actors are spending at the gym could have been spent learning lines or studying with an acting coach instead... As someone else pointed out, too, Llanview is pretty much filled with hotguys that Langston has ignored--wouldn't it make more sense for her eye to be turned to someone who, I dunno either knew the same poets or authors she liked and was more sensitive/romantic than Marko, or had more of an edge than him, or *something* that Marko's lacking--besides a 6 pack?

And add to that--how old is Ford meant to be? Langston is 18? (I didn't remember that her and Starr shared a birthday--but Markko mentioned this party was for her too) And Marko is 19, which is a pretty typical male/female relationship at those ages even with one in school and one in college--but Ford should be at least four years older than Marko, rigth? How come the creep factor (she was 17 when they met) hasn't been brought up at all? Is Ford really any younger than Skyler? Maybe a year or two...

• Members

Marc Kudisch, a BIG BIG name to anyone into Broadway musicals, was the priest at Jared's funeral this year--I think he had 2 lines lol. (And of course Jason Tam was singled out as essentially the best performer in the recent Chorus Line revival as Paul, with thfamous monologue--which maybe bought him a bit role on OLTL that was only expanded after fans took to him) As yous ay there are millions of other examples (another one came to mind--Charlotte D'Amboise, perhaps the best female dancer working on Broadway right now and a much bigger name there than REG, who was Cassie in that Line revival, one of the main Roxies in Chicago and zillions of other roles since the 80s had a brief role last year on One Life as the school principal lol)

• Members

Sorry to quote the whole post--but word to everything you say. I didn't wnat a baby story for Kish so soon, cuz babies tend to desexualize gays on tv, plus they're IMHO boring and honestly as a youngish gay man not something I feel I can relate to till YEArS from now--and I'm sick of baby stories on soaps anyway... But, this one has potential I think and at least keeps them doing something.

• Members

I am in lust with Fish & Ford! They would be hot.

I just cant stand Kyle.

Langston is played by a great actress and deserves some story thats not playing backup to starr.

This dani chick is annoying. Girl playing Destiny is still awful.

David is a hoot. Love it when he is on.

Where have Chris/Layla been? I like them a lot.

TSJ is awesome when he gets to play scenes like his ones yesterday with Blair. Tho i hate Todd & tea and there forced love story and love child.

Blair and this dude shes hooking up with are just not working for me.

Love Clint/Kim and the scenes with Jess & Nat were super funny.

Finally someone is onto Stacy!

Also, Rachel/Schyler need to happen NOW.

Vee, i couldnt agree more with your post!

• Administrator

Those scenes were pretty fun to watch. Great confrontation! I think that was the first time I've ever enjoyed Stacy and I think it has a lot to do with Kim. When Kim first showed up, I never expected her to stay this long or become one of my favorites to watch. She's great with EVERYONE.

• Members

OLTL needs to stop trying to make Ford happen.

Loved the Sluts vs. Gays stand-off (although Kish, honey, shouting does not = acting). Amanda Setton needs a contract, NOW.

Florencia... OMG, I have become such a fan of this woman. I need to stop gushing.

• Members

Man oh man it was hard to watch those Viki/Charlie scenes today, and I hope that once Viki stops hurting she'll think back on his words, because he was so trying to tell her that he had a plan, and it wasn't jumping into a bottle. He would not have lied to her and say he was drinking if she would not have pushed him so hard. I feel so bad for Charlie and Viki.

I'm trying to like Jess and Brody, I really am because I do like Brody but damn they are BORING.

I'm confused on why Todd would think that Marty would help him with Daniella.

Archived