Y&R Episodes Discussion, Week of November 2, 2009

• Members

If this show must insist that Sharon has a man in her life, why can't it be Noah. Can't they just have her trying to be a good mother to the only child she has left.

I know Billy won't get nominated for sainthood anytime soon, but Amber has no right to say that Billy is a jerk. Just look at her past. Why would he say hi to someone who's been a bitch to him.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Did you see? We have an explanation for why we're not seeing Mary Williams in the midst of this Patty drama. Although I still think the writers need to address her absence more directly. And a recast is possible. Cashton's pick, Betsy Palmer, just turned a sprightly 83 the other day.

http://www.ourprattville.com/entertainment/movies-music-tv/exclusive-interview-with-doug-davidson-veteran-soap-actor-discusses-daytime-pay-cuts

• Members

Shudder - this new direction today of shifting everything is so boring!

Nick is so unbelievable as being the CEO of a multi-national conglomerate.

I truly don't care whether Lily or Cane have sex. In fact, I'd rather not know.

Sharon and Adam just don't do anything for me because of Muhney. Recast before it's too late.

Billy being the pariah of Genoa City because of a blog post? A blog post?

I still don't care about about poor sad ol' Mac.

I'd be horrified if I didn't know that EB and MTS (hopefully) were coming back. The energy and prescence they both brought to this show was imeasurable. From an EB fan POV I sort of wish they'd left and have to scramble to fill his void and have Sony come begging back to him (fantasy world I know). But as a Y&R fan, I'm truly relieved.

And at least tomorrow looks good(Kay, Jill, Nina).

The only interesting thing about today's show was Ashley. Even though the actress who plays Abby is green their relationship is interesting. and the scene with Ash and Nick was equally so - she can cut him to shreds and JM played it as though Nick knows it. She's the one to watch amongst all the shuffling. ED's playing Ashley having a LOT going on underneath. She seems to have a plan.

And if there's anything to look forward to in the Nick's in charge s/l is him spectacularly failing! Michael, Ashley, Adam and even the secretary seem to be playing him for the fool that he is.

• Members

Haven't seen the epi yet but: you just about summ up Nick. To think I used to like the character alot and now much of that is minimal. Much of it is the writing, but alot of it is JM. Even when the writing hasn't sucked as bad he has very rarely ran with an opportunity to make a solid statement about his commitment to the character imo, and interestingly enough evenso from the glimpses I've seen of him on his best days I usually see that he can be good. But he looks as if he's settled many times, but fair is fair the writing has sucked for the character for a long time.

• Members

What is an F13 convention?

Surely you jest? Obviously, if we'd seen Mary horrified at what had become of her daughter, lambasting Patty's aggressors, supporting Paul, in the padded cell trying to bring her baby back...THIS would have given the tale emotional resonance. Because they clearly established Lilibet Stern as Patty (in the photo Jack had), we could further see classic flashbacks, like when Mary tried to warn Patty of Jack.

This is why I am behind Cashton's Betsy Palmer idea...because I think any mother for Patty would still have value. And then if Paul and Emily hook up...they can play it for the Mary-comic value!

• Members

They could have given the tale emotional resonance by including flashbacks of Lilibet's Patty even without Mary's return. The question is did they have any plans to give her return emotional resonance? Or was it just shock value, with the main point of the story being vilifying Jack and causing conflict for the Newmans?

I love your idea, but I don't think any of this would have happened. I think if Mary had returned, she would have had brief scenes, and would have just suited the agenda of the storyline.

Look at Phillip's return. All three of the women in his life are still there, still vital. We got what, two flashbacks? I can't remember. We barely got any scenes between any of them.

• Members

Oh you guys are really cracking me up with these scenarios, but the sad part is, I wouldn't put any of it past this awful regime.

I can see them having Murphy go nuts throw Katherine down a flight of stairs, lock Jill in the attic, rape Esther set the mansion on fire. Next, have Jack, Paul and Dr. Peterson go to Patty's old apartment in MN and see that there is a dead body chained to the heater and we learn it's Mary. These writer's are some sick, sick freaks who really would write stuff like this and think it's totally normal.

Archived