Y&R Episodes Discussion, Week of November 2, 2009

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Daisy is an interesting character. I saw an audition tape on youtube and she is supposed to be 18yrs old. The actress in real life is 20, and so is the actor who plays Noah is 21 so they are not really teeangers in real life, they are similar age to Christel Khalil, Bryton Mclure so it makes sense if Daisy looks older then the rest of the teens.

The actresses who play Abby and Eden on the other hand are very young in real life, they are only 15 and 16, Haley Erin is actually the youngest of the teen test, and they are the only real teens on Y&R in real life so thats why they look naive and young.

When you have 20yr olds playing teens on soaps they play it more mature and they dont look innocent. And if you got a real 15yr old actress to play a character they come of across as more innocent IMO.

• Members

No, no....Jill kills Murphy, and Kay finally gets to say..."You bitch...you killed my husband again!". They catfight in the attic, and decades of hilarity ensue.

No, no. Murphy does try to burn the women.

But Brock returns suddenly and carries them out in his strong arms. Or maybe it is JT, back from New York because he realizes he loves Mac.

Regardless, we learn that when Murphy was a boy, his daddy locked him in a closet. (Or maybe, back then, they didn't have closets...maybe he was locked in a wardrobe. Regardless...). The whole town forgives him.

• Members

It should be Victoria, not Nick or Nikki. Those two work best outside of the family business. I may be a minority, but I want my Nick and Nikki dressed to kill at the ranch being nosy and making bad choices in their romantic lives. That's all. Leave the business to the three Vic's.

It was worth it to see Devon and Roxy. After that I just put my headphones on and listened to Girls Aloud.

Seriously. And how dare that stank ho Lauren have the audacity to confront Billy being such a trashy ho herself. I wish Billy had called her out on her horrible treatment of Fat!Traci. How dare she of all people confront him on his tabloid magazine! Even now she's still been associating with Michael's criminal family. Bitch, go get some filler in your lips! Leave Jill's son alone.

Yeah. And Phillip. I look forward to shipping Phillip/Nina in my own head. I know it can't happen which is a total joke.

As for Daisy, I hate her. The actress isn't very attractive in her natural state, especially with that hair. She comes off as such a phony too. I do hope this is the beginning of more consistency with the younger set. I hate how they appear for one or two days and disappear for months. I also hope Amber is permanently added to this group. We already know she likes underage boys and she has the mental capacity of a 12 year old she she's perfect for Abby.

• Members

Yeah, fine is the word to use for Daisy..seeing as we have not a clue what she is about which I kind of love.

As for Phyllis,I loved that scene w/Nick..LOL, Nick really has to pay attention to his wife probably was wondering wth was going on in that mind of hers! :lol: I think we are about to see another side to both Nick and Phyllis individually and together. I couldn't get into the Phyllis/Adam scene because we saw this same scene last March w/Adam & Phyllis with CE in the role (and I loved that one much better) only that time he stirred up Phyllis's insecurities and stole her blooming scrunchie!! :lol: But this time Adam didn't stir up the insecurities like he did before because Phyllis appears to be so over the Sharon drama. Both Adam & Sharon like to plays games so we shall see where this ends up LMAO!!!

• Members

So I just watched the epi: UMM I'm lost about Sharon and Adam. Of course I pretty much gave up after Sharon said "remorse" and tried to apply it to Adam's character that was a real "roll my eye" moment 4 me. I'm not sure what genuine feeling I'm supposed to get from these two. I'd bet though that in the end it would not have mattered much it's just another plot point for adavancement . As far as the actors in the scene: I'm not sure what Muhney's tryna potray but from what I saw kinda felt something was off between him and Case. What I read in the scenes was Sharon feels sorry for Adam and am not sure what Adam is supposed to feel for Sharon but I get the feeling Case and Muhney are on two different pages.

So Ashley is not interested in Jabot but is ready to keep herself @ Newman. Wow

Yeah the Lauren Billy stuff went over my head.

• Members

It seemed to me that Daisy had an ulterior motive for meeting Lauren. The way she did the reading of the line that was something like "You're her, aren't you?" made me think there's more to it than just wanting a job and could tie in to Deacon's assignment with Michael and Lauren if Daisy and Ryder are connected as some have theorized.

Or, it could have just been a strange line reading because of her newness.

• Members

So, I mostly found Tuesday's episode pretty dismal. What I disliked:

- Cane/Lily. Nuff said.

- Devon insta-reunited with his girlfried (off screen). Really? What was the whole f*cking point of Tyra then?

- Vile, vile Gloria couldn't even say THANK YOU to Michael (FOR TOTALLY VIOLATING PROFESSIONAL ETHICS)??

- Lauren, who has a dark history with psychos, instantly accepts and hires Daisy on AMBER'S say so. Amber??

- Amber is again a shopgirl? Amber is selling pieces that are too high end? Amber? This is the girl who saved Forrester by peddling a discount line for them on the Home Shopping Channel! Amber knows how to do discount!

- Lauren is a CEO of a major international department store chain (think Macy's), but she's still working in the bloody little local boutique, and she's personally hiring shopgirls for these stores? Moreover, retail is in CRISIS around the world...but Lauren is having no financial ills?

- Mac. What WAS that? All dour (with no love or sadness) in her Billy scenes. Just pure judgement, until she does the maternal head-pat at the end. Really?

- Insta-incorporation of Daisy into the storyline. Don't get me wrong...the youth storyline needs to be fixed. But why not introduce Daisy properly? Why not show her at Walnut Grove on her first day...and slowly let us get to know her?

- The Cayman bank thing was a Victor move, not a NE move. NE would not be liable to make reparations to Gloria...Victor would.

Saving graces:

- Ashley! I loved her having strength. I wonder if she's gonna SIDE with Adam (shifting the power dynamics at Newman) or if she is going to turn out to be Nick's saving grace*

- Sharon, and Sharon/Adam. I loved her incredulity when Nick tried to dictate her friends to her, and I did enjoy that she didn't tolerate Billy's Restless Style behavior. I really like the evolving friendship between Adam-Sharon. I want it to be real and deep...so that they payoff (when his babyswitch is discovered) is much richer

* I am increasingly thinking those flashbacks we saw were not random. Remember Neil's flashback, telling Victor that Nick was not fit to lead? And here we are...Nick has none of the usual supports (Neil, Victoria). Adam could be helpful, but Nick is arrogantly discarding him.

Nick's going down in flames, just like he did -- literally -- when his plane crashed (and Logan found him in the woods). Could be fun... While Phyllis still be attracted to him when he's a failure?

Archived