Y&R Episodes Discussion, Week of November 2, 2009

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly, those who complain about the "us versus them" mentality and then write posts like brimike's. No offense, brimike, you accused me of repeating myself a few months back, and now, every time you post, it's always something along the lines of your last post.

Seriously, was this even warranted? I don't see anyone censoring or berating anyone in this thread. You're a fan of this writing regime and the show in it current state, we get it, but many are not.

The general trend of this thread doesn't stop people like Mark or Cat from pointing out what they like, even if they don't enjoy the overall show. No one is throwing "flames" at them.

• Members

And also - hadn't we just this past week or so had an extensive discussion on this? How everyone is free to post, how posts like brimike's last one don't really bring anything nice to the discussion?

Sheilaforever loves Y&R, Maria's version. Are "flamethrowers" after him?

Cat has said numerous times that there are things she really likes about this regime. Are people "after" her?

• Members

Actually, the "flamethrower" comment wasn't about the people who don't like MAB. More about the people who hate Thom Bierdz. LOL! I wasn't even thinking about the "anti-regime" folks at all when I wrote it. (Man, I hate the word "regime". LOL!)

I like certain episodes a lot. That's all. The long-term is non-existent, and that makes me want to claw somebody's eyes out. It's inexcusable not to have a long story when you're plotting 250 episodes a year. But as Sylph said awhile back, I'm just so ambivalent to all of daytime at the moment, I don't have the energy to rail against the inconsistencies and flatness of the storytelling anymore. I find it exhausting. I much prefer to watch, enjoy what I like, ignore what I don't like, and move on with my afternoon.

• Members

You can be harsh with me. Don't bother me none anymore. :) But I'm not really a lover or a hater. The last couple of years of watching this BTS business play out has drained me, totally wiped me out. I miss the days when we loved or hated a story or a character, and not a head writer or executive producer. I long for those days again.

• Members

You don't find it difficult to ignore what you don't like though? I mean, given the state of Y&R and daytime in general, surely, it must be a lot? I could never do it, I prefer to call things as I see them, the good and the bad. But I've found very little good in Y&R over the past 6 months.

I just don't know how to suppress what I don't like, which is the majority of this show in particular right now, as it is for a lot of other people I would assume.

• Members

I've said it before, but my problem with this story has NEVER been Thom Bierdz. And never will be. He's not a good actor, but he didn't have to be. The women in his story are among some of the finest actresses you will ever see on daytime.

There was no story. There was just Cane propping, followed by a weak introduction of Chance, who mainly exists for Chloe, no other reason.

They made a story which was actually not about the Chancellors in any way whatsoever, and they likely knew that Bierdz, who was obviously rusty, and never a great actor in the first place, would get the backlash from the usual names like Branco.

Archived