Y&R Episodes Discussion, Week of November 2, 2009

• Members

It wasn't that Crimson Lights was open late, it was that the bar closed early. The clock at the bar said 10 o'clock.

The way I took it, the bar had been closed for Billy's private party so when he left early, Mac was free to shut it down. Since he'd paid to rent out the place, assuming she's a good businesswoman and charged him, she wasn't losing much money by leaving early.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:lol:

Who wants to bet that they didn't anticipate the viewer backlash they got from Patty killing Zapato and only did this to calm old nerves?

Not that I particularly cared for Zapato or dogs on soaps, but Zapato's death was so unnecessary and stupid, they really didn't need to go there to show how mentally damaged Patty was/is. It was done purely for shock value.

• Members

I honestly don't mind AH in the role of Victoria Newman. I know I'm in the minority here, but I could never, ever stand Heather Tom. I didn't like her on Y&R and I didn't like her on OLTL. I always felt she came off rather "trashy" on both those shows. On B&B, not so much, I feel like she is much more well suited there.

JM on the other hand, I absolutely cannot nor have I ever been able to tolerate. If another legacy character is going to be killed off, I hope it's Nicholas Newman.

• Members

You can't kill off Nick. He never dies. Perhaps if you wave fire in his face. Fire bad!

I really liked Amelia on Loving. I've seen her work well elsewhere. I don't know what it is with Y&R, she just seems so drippy all the time.

• Members

If they didn't make Chloe Kate, Kate could have come to town as a teenager. I didn't watch during Bill Bell's time as head writer, but how old is Mai? Could she come back as a teen or would she be in her 20's?

Were Daniel and Amber suppose to be a couple from the 80's?

Maybe she was always drippy. Victoria is suppose to be the opposite of that and Amelia's drippiness sticks out more. I don't know if that's it. It's just a theory.

• Members

IA. There was no point for her to kill the dog. Just like there was no point for her to kill the bird and throw it through Phyllis' window. But they wrote that in because those 3 sick hack writers want fans to think of Patty as some mentally disturbed sociopathic monster. Just like they had Adam burn Ashley's dead baby. They will probably have Ryder rape Eden, then Abby and then probably have him kill Lauren and then try to plaster him as some good guy who's misunderstood.

• Members

I also thought there was an interesting Chance-Ashley vibe. She's rocked the cougar thing before (with Rick, Amber's ex, on B&B). I think Driscoll would work out better there.

As a bona fide Amber fan, I found that couple beyond useless yesterday. I found Frantz's vamping cringeworthy. Yesterday was not their finest hour, IMO.

LOL

Speaking of vamping, I perceived a lot of that from Daisy yesterday. I don't want her to be a hair tossing Mean Girl.

Excellent observations regarding Phyllis! That's it! "Don't con a con!" Phyllis saw through Adam, and she played the truth of it. CHEMISTRY, IMO! A new quad? I don't want that either...but it was the first time we'd seen real-Phyllis in forever.

I'm going to assume that this pregnancy was hard on Heinle, and that is why she and Thad took an early maternity leave. Unfortunately, night-time feedings are going to be even harder.

Heinle really needs to just relinquish this role.

I am shocked MTS let that dog lick her face so much! I love my dog a lot, but I also know where that tongue and nose have been! No mouth kisses ever! We discourage licking in general.

That makes great sense. I didn't figure all that out.

Heather as petulant, and as a mix between her temper-filled daddy and histrionic, often-supercilious mama, was perfection, IMO. She was the opposite of Hayley Erin and Amelia Heinle: Not vapid, filled with energy.

When Joshua WANTS to bring energy to a scene, he is fine. The problem is that he's mostly as low-energy as Heinle these days. I'm thinking he's a typically under-prepared actor whose skills are further degraded by the new rush-production/no rehearsal style.

I agree. I realize it is superficial, but I really do view a lot of what has happened these last few weeks to be a studious attempt to reverse course. The problem is that TPTB so compromised their trust with a segment of the audience that a lot of folks don't believe this is anything but some superficial papering over of much deeper flaws.

The real test is if they can continue to build momentum and avoid repeating their mistakes. Some looming spumors--if true--are very discouraging on this front. Let's hope they don't come true.

Yes, the Patty ruination was unnecessary. What they do with Ryder will be a major test of how much they have listened to the fans.

I am hoping that--with his flashback yesterday--we're going to a place of healing and redemption...not further darkness. But I know that is unlikely...

• Members

Me too!! I would have assumed she was way too diva for all that. Maybe she just couldn't think of a good way to stop him in the scene. Pushing him away may not have worked with the tone of the scene. But I'm with you. I adore my dog, but I would never allow him to lick my face.

Zapato 2 does not make up for Patty killing Zapato, but I do like to think that the show understands that killing Zapato was disturbing to many of us. Too bad they didn't glean from that the fact that many of us would also have an issue with Colleen dying and Victor getting her heart.

Anyway, Victor is exactly the type of man who would have a dog. He demands unconditional love and devotion from everyone around him and is continually disappointed that his children and wives fall short of these demands. So I am glad to see a dog back at Victor's side. I would have rather they had Nikki rescue an adult dog though, since it would have fit better with the idea of a second chance.

Archived