Y&R Episodes Discussion, Week of November 2, 2009

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sharon combed her hair! Its about time bc she was walking around like a hot mess for the longest time. Its as if the hair and makeup people didnt care for her and just let her come to work out of bed without working on her raggedy hair. Its looking much better now that its seen the end of a comb.

• Members

I finally watched yesterday's show.

I don't like Daisy, although it's early days. She looked like she was sucking a lemon before every take. Deadpan/bitter teens bore me, especially if it's to hide questionable acting abilities.

The costumes didn't bother me as much as they bothered some, although I ended up spending a lot of time trying to figure out if Daniel was supposed to be Art Garfunkel. I still like Daniel. I'm not sure if I would like Daniel/Amber again. It would help if she were a little less "cute". Abby's costume just didn't seem appropriate for her. I know we were supposed to see her as a little girl trying to be a woman, but the Amy Winehouse beehive looked more like a variation of the divine Kate Pierson or Cindy Wilson from the B-52s. And what was with the finger paint on her arms? A rich girl can afford fake tattoos. Can Y&R not afford them?

The Amber/Chloe/Daisy/Abby booze scenes were most interesting for me because I thought Kevin and Ryder were very couply in that scene. Why couldn't we have had Ryder as a cellmate of Kevin's, and then had Kevin become obsessed/falling in love with him?

This was one of the few times I've liked Ashley's wardrobe. Her jacket was very 40s, which is a good decade for ED.

I agree with those who were generally fine with Amelia's work yesterday. Whether it was fine as Victoria, I don't know, but she did seemed checked in. I am going to miss JT and I hope this is not the end for him.

It's a real testament to Melody and Eric that I can still buy the Victor/Nikki chemistry after last year's fiasco. If Sony deign to bring Melody back, I hope they will make use of her talents, since she really can sell anything, even the Zapato 2 scenes.

• Members

Amelia Heinle plays the material as it's given to her. I think they started writing Victoria much weaker when AH took over the role, not because of AH, but because that's how they wanted Victoria to be portrayed. When she is given strong material, I think she handles it well. Hayley Erin on the other hand is just a really tragic actress. She's so bad, she's just wretched.

I think he has always been low energy. He's just a bad actor. I so miss the days when he used to get his ass kicked by Matt Clark. :lol:

Both CE and MM, in their incarnations of Adam always outshine Nick.

• Members

This regime loves to destroy women. They get off on tearing them apart and then MAB proclaims it as some form of high art. She wouldn't know high art from her kids finger paintings. I don't believe at all that Ryder will be redeemed in any manner. I think they will use him to hurt and destroy more women and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes after Lauren, Jana, Eden and Abby. I wouldn't put it past this regime to have him take out all 4 and in the process lock Jill in a closet during February sweeps and burn the building she is in down.

• Members

Why are they giving these teens scenes on their own? The line readings are deader than the Carlton family.

And why does Daisy look so much older than Eden or Abby? Why did they give her that hair?

She looks like Pam Dawber wearing a Lynryd Skynyrd wig.

• Members

Cane seems very creepy today. The caveman hair and scruff don't help (Josh Morrow, stylemaster!) He was looking at Lily like he was going to lock her in a cage. Those scenes had a very weird tone. At least we got to see Roxanne and Devon briefly.

I assume we aren't going to see this love scene? We already got the hotter version anyway, with Stephen Collins and Persis Khambatta.

• Members

My favorite part of the episode was probably the previews. It will be nice to see Nina again, and yes, even Phillip. Too bad this is so rushed. Time to shoehorn all the Chancellor stories into one episode. I hope we aren't in for more Jill bashing and Jill is an awful person storytime now that Katherine is going to find her bio child.

I know Gloria is supposed to be comic relief but there comes a point where having characters who are this selfish, callous, smug, delusional...it's great that the show admits this is what she is and Judith Chapman plays her for what she is, but it also makes her more of a chore to watch. Having dialogue like, "We want justice!" and "We're victims" DOES NOT HELP. She is probably the last person who should say such things.

Speaking of dialogue which baffled me...

Mac to Billy: You didn't even say hello to Amber.

Really? Why would he? I wish he'd said:

"I already said hello to her...along with half the men in the states of California and Wisconsin."

Anyway, aside from continuing to hump poor Colleen's corpse for Billy's benefit, I didn't mind his scenes today. I suppose I am being worn down. Or I'm just glad to not have the Chloe stuff today.

Sharon's reaction to Billy seemed very leaden, the words were practically being pried out of her mouth. Her line readings with Adam were also somewhat leaden. I wonder how Sharon Case feels about this story.

I guess the best part of the episode was the brief Nick/Ashley interaction and Nick struggling to take over at Newman.

• Members

I really like how she is all up in the Newman's faces. I am hoping she has a secret agenda where she plans on destroying Nick and NE and making things very difficult for them and having Adam help her in the process.

Archived