GH: November Discussion Thread

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And I'm still bitter about that! I'd once thought Sonny would at least become the anti-hero Luke became and that his right hand would join him. When that didn't happen, I just learned to ignore them. Then Justus was killed and his body was left in that trunk. What a kick to the cojones. Jason and Sonny have barely ever been scratched in all their days in the mob. Justus (once a great defender of Justice and Human Rights) was given such an undignified death. So few people noticed and even Lainey was over it without much fanfare. She practically said that she wasn't close with the guy. The writers may as well have added an 'oh well, easy come easy go' statement to her dialogue.

Agreed! It feels like a set up to try to force the audience to root for Sonny to be there for Kristina and 'save' her. She'll forgive Sonny and see the 'softer/heroic' side everyone else sees and it will, I guess, make up for all of his past sins. Dominic will probably grow to love his father as a hero. He'll become conflicted as well, when her realizes that his father 'saved' both his brother and his sister. Alexis will become his attorney again to keep him out of prison so that 'K' can have her daddy with her to help her heal.... she'll utter the obligatory disclaimer, "I'm doing this for her, not for you" speech.

Good times. We'll all rejoice in Sonny's freedom.

• Members

So I guess Lulu relationship #5 or #6 is once again turning into some mix of dead air and uncomfortable awkwardness. This character is so consistently stupid and so proud of her own stupidity, and somehow, I think we are supposed to see her as the light at the end of the tunnel for Dante. Lulu, who knows in her heart what a kind, wonderful man Sonny is, because of this wonderful friendship with her father that has popped up about as much as Audrey in the last decade, is going to help him see the light. This dim bulb gasps her dying breaths for Sonny. Poor Lulu. How can she consider betraying the mob that has done so much for her?

Every single person left of that family except Lucky is just worthless, and with Guza's golden boy back in the role, I'm afraid we may see Lucky follow the same path.

Perhaps they can at least alleviate some of my irritation by revealing that Laura dropped acid throughout her pregnancy and that's why Lulu is so...one of a kind. Then she can go to the clinic and Dante can have all his scenes with the wig on a stick.

• Members

I wish I understood the fascination with Julie Berman. It's not only the stupidity of the character it is the vapidness of the actress. I think she's a decent actress but perhaps she doesn't belong on soaps. She just sucks the life out of any pairing. This is following suit.

• Members

Lulu is one example of why I have stopped caring about this show. She is so stupid and vapid. Yet she is constantly featured as if she is this compelling young heroine. Every new guy in town is flung at her although all her romantic relationships flop. I really wanted Dante for Robin. They would have made a much better couple and their obstacles would have generated more story.

JMB is such a contradiction. I do think that she is a solid young actress, but she is unable to play a romance convincingly. She does not do the little things that sell the connection between her and her love interest. Like warmth when making eye contact or caressing. She must be uncomfortable in those scenes.

• Members

I think the people who run GH, or all of ABC Daytime, are afraid of a woman actually having any type of sexual power or identity. On GH the women are often shrewish or painted as matronly, or as spineless sycophants for their men. Look at what they've done with Sam and Olivia -- the only time anyone on this show seems to see Sam in a sexual way, aside from her brief relationship with Lucky, is if she's kidnapped and tied up. Olivia is a pathetic teenager trapped in what was supposed to be a smart woman's body. And then there's Liz, who is supposed to be having some hot affair, yet looks disgusted with herself constantly, and we're somehow supposed to get a thrill out of this disgust.

Lulu is an asexual birdbrain who lives to prop scummy men. She is the ideal woman for GH.

Archived