GH: November Discussion Thread

• Members

I tuned out once Sonny and co. started a mob war right outside Laverne and Shirley's apartment! It was nice to see Franco (reeeeeal nice--he looked good), but I don't see how regular GH watchers can put up with the crap all the time.

PS: Isn't it adorable when non-soap watchers are amazed by things that die-hard soap watchers are completely jaded with? I was watching GH with a friend yesterday and he thought it was SO clever that it looked like Lucky caught Liz and Nik but then it was revealed that he didn't. Obviously, he's never watched DAYS.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't care about the latest Jason is our hero stuff, although Franco being an artist reminds me of Sara Bibel complaining about GH's anti-elitism, ie, Kiefer going to Harvard and looking down on Sonny, so Kiefer is a woman-batterer.

I'm more interested in the continuing sidelining of poor Johnny, as we now have him getting hysterical about "two-faced" Dante, to facilitate the breakup with (o)livia. And meanwhile, as Johnny goes crazy, we see Dante bonding with Sonny, who is such a sweetheart.

This story sucks so much, the only part I probably enjoyed is that some of the non-soap reviewers had a not too kind reaction to (o)livia in their comments on the show.

• Members

I found two comments from the article especially telling (oh, and Thanks for the link):

At HuffPo, which actually posted about Franco's stint on GH, many of the comments from the time I read the article seemed to be of the same consensus...he's 'slumming' in daytime and some feared it was a sign his career was over.

Amen... and ok, one more, because it just gave me giggles:

I AM/We ARE sane... or at least not alone in my /our insanity if others outside of daytime think it's complete garbage that we're supposed to love the mob boys because they 'feel bad' when they 'have' to kill.

• Members

Good God A'Mighty

you said a mouthful!!!

The women are always bashing the ladies but hey the male leads suck!! Women don't have story unless they are attached to a male on GH...they aren't viable...

here is Matt a good looking guy they won't give him a storyline since the one he came on with (over a year I've been waiting)

IMO they have brought on new guys eg Patrick is for Robin and Scrubbies get in a rant if he says two lines to a female character (now with Lisa) there are rumblings of discontent.

Dante/Dominic, Johnny, Ethan, Greg was absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous but he too got pudgy there for awhile

but they wrote him a putz...and not in accordance to the way he should be in order to keep him in his place they wrote against the character.

GuZa holds them back he won't let them lead story or supersede JaSonny

his chosen leads in story Ingo is just a Sonny foil and has been for the most part during his entire run,

same said for Ric Hearst hung around won a couple of Emmys and finally realize the character would always be a Sonny a- kisser.

They write them to win and to have one up in story so? What is the point this Elizabeth w/Pugsley story sucks. I like Tyler am a Nik fan

but ??

I have to say NikEm fans b- and moaned every time they put him with someone he had a good deal with Courtney chemistry/storyline wise for me also he had chemistry with Claudia but they plopped her with Sonny instead of just rolling with it...its the "politics" of GH pairings its orchestrated they won't let grassroots pairings fly

(unless Frons approves it)

so he worked with what was given to him. I read a rumor once

that they didn't want Nik as a Cassadine on the mob side of the canvas so that's why they didn't do Claudia.

Which would have soften her up and offered a lot of drama IMO...

• Members

Hey I'm a Liz fan and can take a licking I have to say I wanted Em to do it too (I'm an Em fan too)

they are writing her so horribly right now its my only defense for this

horrid dialog (and storyline)

Maybe Steven will come and slap some sense in her I can't watch this

Only on clips in very small doses...its terrible.

• Members

Today's epi was really good. Friday was just kind of so-so for me but I loved Luke meeting Franco, and the mob being at the art show and them playing out all the ridiculousness and awkwardness of that and I love seeing Jason Morgan freaking out. Who knew cyborgs could sweat? Also there was no Carly. So... BONUS!

• Members

Kirsten Storms was positively dreadful in those scenes with James Franco. I was embarrassed for her. James Franco was funny making faces at the gallery. He isn't obviously isn't taking any of this seriously which I appreciate.

Steve Burton made me laugh. He is so bad. Sam needs to return that dress to hooker she borrowed it from.

• Members

There were two bits of dialogue I really liked on Tuesday's show. The first was this extended conversation between Sonny and Lucky, with a particular emphasis on the bolded part. I like that they're trying to flesh out Lucky's motivations, while also setting up the cruel irony that Sonny's son is doing the same thing to him...

And I liked Spinelli's interpretation of Franco's posed-body art. It was a little like the writers telling us what they're trying to do with the vilence on the show...

• Members

Lucky's dialogue TO Sonny was great. But Sonny's dialogue after that was atrocious about how the absolute worst thing in the world that could happen is Michael (yeah right) Morgan or Kristina becoming cops. Actually, Sonny, worse than that would be one of your children becoming a killer which hey, he did! Jason's dialogue with Sam contemplating the morality of killing Franco :rolleyes: and Sam being his apologist for all of that wasn't much better.

As for the Franco/Maxie scenes, they didn't bug me as much as they probably should have. For some reason (probably that I've watched my Freaks and Geeks DVDs too many times) when Franco was kind of giving Maxie grief about being kind of a prude he was really reminding me more of Daniel Desario than any menacing psycho. I think it's the way JF is playing everything as if it's one big joke, which I enjoy, even though I'm not 100 percent sure it matches up with the material.

Archived