GH: November Discussion Thread

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maxie isn't the first woman to have sex with a man she just met. People do it all the time. You meet someone, have an instant sexual attraction, go to his place or your place, and have sex. It isn't romantic, but this is GH where nothing is. It isn't a big deal. Spinelli crying and getting his heart crushed is the cherry on top in this situation. Can't wait for him to find out. I hope it happens soon because I'm very excited.

• Members

Oh, I'll enjoy seeing Spinelli get his heart stomped on, and I have no problems with Maxie being a ho, but I just think it's funny. They're trying to milk this Franco thing as much as they can. I'm sure he'll be on every day until his last appearance. I wonder which female is going to get the honor of being called a dumb slutho bitchface trampsacalliwag by him.

• Members

I wonder what dialogue Guza would write for them.

Franco: Dr. Scorpio-Drake, your pulse is racing and you're getting a fever. My prescription is you go to bed.

Robin: I don't need bedrest.

Franco: I never said anything about rest. (smirks) Now open wide...

-

Franco: Sam, how do you feel about screwing with the studs?

Sam: (rolls eyes) I haven't been on that show in five years.

Franco: Give ABC a break. They've had a tough season.

• Members

I keep thinking about all the potential Maxie had after Georgie and Coop were killed and how that has been so squandered. I actually wouldn't mind this fling with Franco if she wasn't going to get the "whore" treatment from various characters when they find out. I'd like to see this used to break up Spixie for good. I think now that JJ is back, BA may be on the way out anyway.

• Members

I would party if Maxie sleeping with Spinelli meant the end of their relationship, but I don't believe that for a second. Guza in his last interview was talking about them saying what happens when you meet the person you were destined to spend your life with when you are young. Maxie cheating is just an obstacle. I would love for Maxie and Lucky to hook up, but that won't happen because GH won't split up couples for good and try new pairings. Sam, Robin, and Maxie could all do with new love interests. With Olivia drawn to Sonny, Johnny is available. A new romance with Maxie or Sam or Robin could save him.

JJ is definitely taking away from BA's airtime. Unfortunately, I don't see Guza firing BA. SB claimed that Spinelli tests well in focus groups and we know that SB and Guza love him. BB is the one in most danger of being fired.

• Members

Robin would never be stupid or reckless enough to get involved with Franco, not even under Guza's pen. She'd sense something was very wrong a mile away.

The dialogue for the Maxie/Franco scenes was pretty bad and made Maxie look like an easily manipulated twit, so typical Guza there. But even Guza couldn't screw up the hotness that is James Franco. Those sex scenes were pretty damn good. And while I see a lot of soap fans claiming he's nothing special, I disagree. He definitely "went for it" and delivered as far as I'm concerned and KS played the physical part very well too. Almost no one could have overcome those trite "live for the moment" lines and KS didn't manage either, imo. It didn't matter though because I think many of us got what we wanted from those scenes. :lol:

I've enjoyed Spixie, while they've lasted, but I do think it's time to move these characters on to different things. Partially because KS takes on too much of BA's energy in their scenes. She doesn't stay grounded when she's in scenes with him for whatever reason, so instead of a contrast you get more of his hyper persona and it ends up being OTT. It's really too bad they killed Georgie, I think she and Spinelli would have been a good "B" couple.

It looks like Maxie and Lucky's lives are about to blow up at about the same time, so I wouldn't mind seeing a more grounded redo of that couple.

• Administrator

James Franco totally rocks! He so mesmorizing to watch. It sucks that most of his scenes was with Kirsten "Valley Girl" Storms - talk about two actors being so far apart acting wise. JF just blew Kirsten out of the water.

Yeah, Lucky's dialogue with Sonny was really good. I don't think we would've ever gotten that scene if Greg Vaughn was still in the role. I also notice that Lucky's gotten a smarter.

Another good set of dialgoue was Franco telling Maxie: "Some men take women to trendy restaurants and chic bars, I take women to a studio that looks like the artist’s head exploded and his ideas splattered all over the walls..."

I know. The show goes from great dialgoue to absolutely shit.

Yup. Again, another example of crappy dialogue.

Same here. I can't watch this show everyday because of the "upside down world".

• Members

BA should have been gone years ago. It's the same crap on GH. Like with Sebastian Roche. They bring in these characters for a storyline and then try to retrofit them into the canvas. Spinelli is a niche character they put on the canvas for the long haul with no ties to the canvas but they pidgeon hole Rick HEarst's character, who had unexplored story with Sonny, kill off 2 young legacy females, georgie and emily, and bring on JOhnny Zaccara(ugh) Claudia (blech) and Lisa for Scrubs(ugh). Of course 2 non slutty females with aspirations beyond fecking some guy and an emmy award winning actor(RiH) don't fit with GH's vision. I hate the heroines on this show(Carly, Liz) and even James Franco hasn't been able to salvage Maxie(KS) for me.

• Members

This is why I never never take it seriously when people claim that GH has the best dialogue writers. The style and actual dialogue on this show is WTF most of the time.

GH is a soap with multiple personalities. It goes from Jason justifying murdering people to the attempt at a heartwarming Thanksgiving episode, only to return to the mob. GH has no heart which is why they will never keep the viewers that they get from their sweeps stunts.

I'll never understand how Guza could think that it was a good idea to turn Spinelli into a romantic leading man. Not to mention his compulsion to kill off legacy characters. I'm not holding my breath that things are going to get better on this show. However, I would cheer if Spinelli flings himself off a cliff when he finds out that Maxie had sex with Franco or if Lisa breaks up Patrick and Robin for good or Liz and the Puffy Prince disappear in the Windamere fog for good.

Could Lisa be more obvious? A bit more subtly would help the character along. She is this close to jumping on Patrick.

• Members

I have to admit the Thanksgiving ep was so weird for me--as someone without much experience with the show. It was like a different show. I'm not sure it was all that good but if Ihadn't known better I woulda thought I had turned to a diff soap. (I did appreciate the joke about all the mob connections lol)

Archived