GH: November Discussion Thread

• Members

So true. But it is also fascinating how women are fascinated (in a bad way) and compelled to watch this show even if it insults them at every turn. They are capable of pouring out page after page of venom against Guza and they still watch.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But I think that they I(including me) are a minority of the whole viewing audience. Plus I think that people who are disgusted with the soaps in general watch out of habit and in hope that TPTB will wake up and the show will get better. It doesn't mean that they are thrilled with what they see on their screens.

• Members

I feel compelled to FF thru Sonny and Snarly! That's a daily occurrence.

Watching GH as an entity on the other hand? It's been with me since childhood. Mostly I enjoy watching so I can make fun of it with friends or on the boards. Sometimes it'll even warrant a picture post! Yeah, baby!

6_emmy_awards.jpg

Eh.

seg1-0000000072.jpg

• Members

That was in extremely poor taste, I admit. I was thinking, "Really? Who cares to hear your [!@#$%^&*], Liz? Who cares?!"

Has anyone noticed that when GH does a flashback, they will scale it to where it matches the HD picture? I love that they do this, especially since Y&R is too lazy to do that and, instead, we're forced to see these white bars on the sides of the screen.

I know ALOT of people really detest this show, and there are definitely valid concerns for that. But for me, this show is so visually appealing. I think it's great that JFP, the directors, and the rest of the production team work their asses off to make this show LOOK good. Even if the stories suck. This show would be so much worse off without it's stellar camerawork and direction.

• Members

With the storylines that are waiting for this big new audience they're supposed to be getting soon (Lulu and Luke the mob sycophants, the shame of Dante for being a fed, Jason trying to show Michael that the mob is a bad influence by...taking another job in the mob, Liz and Nikolas and their nonstop pity parties and sicko trysts, Kristina as an abused woman even though GH spends year after year encouraging us to root for men who abuse women, the same men who are probably going to "save" Kristina), apparently GH must assume James Franco fans are into masochism.

The writing is just wretched. Luza knows how to squander and go in circles like no other.

• Members

Gah. Snarly. Jax needs to stop seeing what Carly is doing as defending Sonny and start seeing it as defending Jason. When she laid Jocelyn in Jason's arms and started stroking his neck hair, it was like she was wishing she were married with Jason and that Jason was the father.

Another show propping up the mob. :rolleyes: Natalia looks pretty, though.

• Members

So Liz ruts with Nikolas while she has happy sunshiney picnics with Lucky. I guess this whole story is to tell us she's a pathetic whore who doesn't know when to keep her legs closed, and Lucky is too good for her?

What a way to take a crap on what some fans have waited 10 years for.

• Members

I am wondering if they are trying to give Lucky something back after constantly being Liz's doormat for years by building him up and then stripping her of everything she holds dear to her when it all comes out.The dialogue and scenes with Lucky and jason and all the dialogue about what a terrific father Lucky is etc.. makes me wonder. But I agree. Many LL2 fans came back to the show thinking their couple would be together only to see this stuff continue. Guza knows how to gut something. He's now completely destroyed the 4 muskateers. Emily's dead, he killed her off, Nikolas is a sex addict I have no other words for him because I have not seen him fall in love with Liz or vice versa, Liz is a slut betraying her true love, and Lucky is clueless. It's sad because they were really the last teen scene/younger crowd on GH along with Zander, Gia, that I really liked.

I see 2 actors in scenes with very little story between them. Plus I can't stand TC so it jades my view. He's had a lot less pairings than Mo has and every actress has been fired when it doesn't work out as a result. Lydia, Mary, (I loved the actress), Courtney, Emily of course, Nsdine, and now Rebecca/NL again.

I'm only enjoying the lead up to the franco stuff and I did like the Claudia buildup to her death at the beginning of the month. Everything else is just blah and SSDD to me.

And this show has had a borrible track record in hiring actresses and giving them a shot. It seems the guys get a couple of shots at a pairng, women eh. Plus the females have been either vile characters like Claudia, characters stuck with dull actors making them dull like Rebecca, stupid nitwits like Nadine, bad bad acting like Leyla. Kate was marginally successful I guess and got the Sonny POA treatment. Olivia. I have no idea what the appeal of the actress or character is. Not one. She'll become Sonny's POA for a year and then the show will dump her too. They could never have killed off legacy females like Georgie and Emily. With Georgie they might have had a pairing for Lucky that might have worked. And this Liza character for Patrick. I don't see the appeal or talent or interest in the actress at all. But I'll blame Guza because I'm sure she'll be just another female who's character never gets flushed out.

I happen to think this show has the worst group of male leads out of any soap.All the leads are lazy and phone it in daily because they know they will never be fired. While Y&R suckes these days, I'll take Peter Bergman or Billy Miller anyday.

Archived