GH: November Discussion Thread

• Members

Isn't that kind of a tradition on GH? If I remember correctly, way back in the "old" days, when Laura returned the first time, I kept hearing Christopher's Cross' "Hey Laura," seeing a shadowy figure spying on Luke and Luke having this deja vu look on his face for weeks and weeks until it drove me nuts. I knew it was Laura but the show kept dragging it out.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This has just reminded me of something.

One Hollywood script reader once remarked how bad screenwriters usually aren't mentally, sexually, emotionally or in any other way retared. But their screenplays reveal a different side: especially male writers, who often conjure an elaborate patriarchal fantasy which they rule with "an iron pen!s" finally being able to do with womankind "what they've always wanted to do".

Might this be a case with Guza, too? :unsure:

• Members

Lol, might? I'd say definitely. Even his biggest fans cannot deny it. Anybody who watched GH consistently in the last few years can see that Guza worships violence, male stereotypes and views women as either shrill harpies or swooning, hapless "heroines." CarlD spells it out really succinctly in the Claire Labine thread:

http://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/32921-all-claire-labine-interview/page__st__120

• Members

What does that say about the female soap fans who love Sonny and Jason? Are they living out humiliation/domination fantasies in the safe medium of soaps? I don't know how any woman can view these two as romantic leading men, yet they have legions of fans.

• Members

Geez, now even Lady Jane has to take Carly's side on everything and tell Jax to beg forgiveness. Does anyone ever have to try to understand Jax's concerns?

By the time Kristina was slapped by her pig boyfriend, I was already numb. Is this to distinguish the emotional abuse most GH women take from the 'real' abuse/physical abuse? It's all awful. To add a dating abuse storyline feels like 'overkill' at this point.

• Members

And Sonny will find out and probably kill him. And nobody will notice. And it will never be mentioned again. And Sonny will come off as a hero because he did it for his 'fambly'. When did this show become The Real Housewives of New Jersey? Sonny and Caroline would be a match made in heaven.

Archived