GH: November Discussion Thread

• Members

For reals! This woman gave birth to Morgan after Sonny shot her in the head. She then sat by her son's bedside (for what looks like 7 years, thanks to SORASing) after HE got a bullet meant for Sonny. She just gave birth AGAIN in some germ-infested abandoned house with the aid of her pashmina and a sterilized breadknife -- because of the mob!

And yet she is the mob's most vocal apologist.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh yeah there is not a question re: the drama was all there

Sarah acted her ass off this scene she gave GH their correct change without a doubt

I just thought I wouldn't dwell on that since that is a given my eyes were like bucking

the scene was intense and by the time that music I always like kicked in I was there in the

moment...even the testosterone and chest pounding didn't bother me "while I was watching it" :blink:

Ingo/Laura had the best reaction scene I've witnessed in a very long time

I like subtle/powerful in acting I even laughed

Stumpy says and I'll deal with you later...(speaking to Jax)

Oh he was in fine form...told Johnny I'm getting rid of you. :lol:

This is Stumpy at his best

I loved it he got played I've been waiting for this for over a year

but I also waited for Snarls (Carly) to snap they knocked her up and had her

doubling over in contractions and put her out of commission to really go...

this is an example of the good ole' boys

crap GH does time and time again...

• Members

Let's not forget the time the children were kidnapped. Faith did have a hand in that. Claudia was badly written in many ways, but at least she made sense. She knew what the mob was and she chose to accept that lifestyle because she wanted the power. I think it's about time that GH either writes Carly as someone who has grown up and decided that her children are more important than the cache of the Corinthos name or as someone who cares more about the power behind that name than she does about her children's lives and safety. It's can't credibly be both things anymore, but I'm guessing that's exactly what we'll get. As much as I hate Liz at least at character got the chance to choose her children over the mob, even if getting with Jason in the first place was a horrible choice.

• Members

As a lover of this character, (not from a hater's perspective)

I never interpreted Elizabeth this way in my opinion as her fan (since day 1) it is much more deeper than than that

and her relationship with the mob (as Robin) culminated as well over a period of time it began ten years ago for her Liason fans

when she met Jason in the box car....

.and I don't think they care about all that they want their story told

irregardless when I see him hanging out with a woman who got shot in the back because of him she looks pretty dense too

I mean in the real world how many women would hang out with a guy like this? So this is a matter of fictional storytelling

and bad fiction at that for their fans I post with IMO

2415673130101759456S425x425Q85.jpg

• Members

I never said Sam was bright for hanging out with a hitman, but she doesn't have children to protect either. That was my whole point when it comes to Carly and Liz. People have the right to risk their own necks if they are that foolish, but risking your child's neck makes a person look unforgivably selfish.

I really don't care what any fans base wants. I want a show that makes sense and female characters that have half a brain. Too much to ask for Guza, I know.

• Members

As a lover of this character,

(not from a hater's perspective)

I never interpreted Elizabeth this way in my opinion as her fan (since day 1) it is much more deeper than than that

and her relationship with the mob (as Robin) culminated as well over a period of time it began ten years ago for her Liason fans

when she met Jason in the box car....

.and I don't think they care about all that they want their story told

irregardless when I see him hanging out with a woman who got shot in the back because of him she looks pretty dense too

I mean in the real world how many women would hang out with a guy like this? So this is a matter of fictional storytelling

and bad fiction at that for their fans I post with IMO

2415673130101759456S200x200Q85.jpg

• Members

Word! I hate the suckpranos and everything and everyone connected to them. The word for the level of hatred and revulsion I feel when I see them has yet to be invented. I'm SICK of Olivia (who hid the emotionally healthy Dante away from Sonny) signing his praises. They've destroyed her with it. I'm sick of Alexis and Jax being presented as small, cruel, frightened and selfish people when in reality they have it right.

I'm sick of all of it. ETA: As for Elizabeth? She was worth less than waded gum under a table when she turned to Jason after the Lucky drug abuse incident. Lucky had to be made to be small to make Jason a 'hero', and Liz's role in shoving Jason's faux image as the god of all things down Lucky's throat can't be minimized. She spent YEARS telling Carly what a bad mother she was to put her children in harm's way for a man... and then she did the same.

• Members

The other thing that bothered me about yesterday's episode was the way they had Claudia's body just lying in a heap, limbs slightly out of joint, like a sack of old clothes. Yes, I know it is just a soap/she was a psycho murderess and all. But it was just such a negation of this character. It reminded me of those ads or magazine features , where the model is all decked out in finery but playing a dead body that has been dumped somewhere. Beyond disturbing.

dead_model.jpg

• Members

The problem with GH and the mob stories IMO is the lack of counter balance. All voices against the mob movement is presented for conflict but they are never strong voices. Who is a strong remaining anti-mob hero or heroine on GH? The Quartermaines presented a strong counterbalance in Port Charles and to some degree though just as dark and morbid they were still different in tone, class and tact; they being the Cassadines. Now they are barely present

• Members

Exactly. Anyone who watches GH understands that Sonny and Jason are the tortured romantic leads. Guza does not and has never viewed them as monsters. There is nothing for Michael to rise above. Michael claiming that he exactly like Sonny is a good thing. Sonny's protestations are only done for dramatic effect.

Right again. Michael is suffering from the pain of his actions like his father and uncle supposedly have for years. Michael is being groomed to be a tortured romantic lead not a monster.

As a rule no. The exception may be Patrick. He is a "happy romantic" male lead who is not in the mob so of course, he gets no airtime and is basically ignored.

• Members

All the male leads on this show are dark and dismal and IMO not romantic at all. Patrick is an exception and Jax I think at one time was. And GV's Lucky.Sonny, Jason, Dante, JOhnny, Nikolas, NuLucky are all dark and depressing with the exception of maybe Dante but it depends on the direction of the character in the long run.

• Members

To be honest (and I haven't seen all the episodes so maybe there was a scene), there hasn't really been any reaction. Sam and Jason tried to hide the fact they were together for a good while until Molly spied them kissing. the JaSam conflict has come mainly from Alexis not approving. Carly has been tied up with taking care of herself for the sake of the baybeeee, bitching about Claudia with Olivia and tracking Michael's every move.

I heard that KeMo and LW get along and would have liked Sam and Carly to eventually develop as friends. For now, Sam is Jason's appendage and Carly tolerates her as such.

• Members

WHY are the writers so insistent on making Jax the bad guy? JAX put Michael in danger? Not Sonny the mob boss and his mob bossy business? No? WTF? Jax, take the baby and RUN!

GH no longer entertains me. It just makes me want to throw things. I could enjoy the show if Sonny's lines were treated as satire or some form of comedy, but that 'effer' means it. The writers have made it clear that he means everything he says to Jax. Sonny believes that Jax is as morally bankrupt as he is and that Jax is a bad guy keeping bad secrets. Screw.Sonny.Big.Time. Carly is behaving like a tool, too. And if little Michael rages just once more, I may crawl through my television screen and shake that kid, hanging him by his feet!

FYI... I know it's just a soap, but it's one I'm beginning to hate so much that I can't watch any more. I think I'm going to rely on summaries until I get a good Scrubs or Maxelli scene... which means I'm probably done with the show. I won't miss the rage boys and their oddly unemotional sidekick.

• Members

I can't worked up about it. Everyone's reactions are in character if nothing else. Carly, Sonny and Jason always shift the blame for their actions onto other people. Besides Jax is getting what he deserves for marrying that cheating trailer trash mob moll. Jax should take the baby and run, but he won't. He'll grovel for Carly's forgiveness.

Archived