GH: November Discussion Thread

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it's hysterical. Most of the article is about JJ. So he singlehandedly has turned the show around? I think I'll wait until the show doesn't play up sweeps. Just 2 weeks ago before JJ's phenom return, everyone was still complaining about SSDD. GH always ups the stakes for sweeps. And I'll be shocked if Lucky is still the new shiny toy in 4 months.

• Members

^^ Another fawning over JJ column where the author claims that GH has magically gotten better. I don't see where this show has gotten better at all.

I'm not a Sarah Brown fan either. I admit that she was outstanding. She saved this horrible story. It isn't surprising that once she was done, it all flopped.

The women who get constantly overlooked are GH's strengths. It is sad that Sam is become Jason's ass kisser again.

• Members

It's magically better because we see Lucky more getting a Point of View now? I don't see any better. I see a lot of drama for sweeps that's what I see and it's typical GH but lord all this JJ fawning is going to really make me resent him and I actually like the actor but please, is he singlehandedly saving GH? And his scenes with Jason. Very very disappointing. His other scenes with Luke and Liz were good. He was good with Nikolas while I kept waiting for TC to wake up, take a shower, and get a haircut. The one pleasure I get out of JJ returning is he makes TC's performances over the past so many years disgraceful. GV never got the material and that kind of respect.

• Members

How nice that GH finally gets to do the Michael is a killer storyline they wanted to do when AJ died.

Michael is a vile little thug, a sick misogynist and monster, just like his "father" Sonny, and just like Sonny, we will probably hear all about how Michael is the real victim here, and various characters will be destroyed to make him look better.

• Members

:D:D:D

Poor Carl. Misogynists everywhere he turns!

(Not that I don't agree...)

As much as I enjoyed Friday and Monday, today just infuriated me. And the cover-up? Why? What's the point?

And that Jason/bodybag scene at the end. Just... ugh.

Friday was a good episode... too bad we're back to the same old garbage.

• Members

That's pretty much where daytime is now. It's just a lot of sick violence and ugliness against women on too many soaps, and I don't believe that this is how soaps always were, I look at clips from 20, 30 years ago, 15 years ago, and it was much better. Women worked. Women who did stay at home still had motivations of their own. Women didn't only live for men or babies. They weren't constantly written off as sluts and whores. We weren't asked to cheer men who abuse women.

If they ever wonder why daytime is losing so many female viewers, then I think this is a big reason why.

• Members

But look how many cheer at the cheap theatrics here. Viewers seem drawn to this like a cheap horror flick. Honestly the only thing I have found bearable about any of this storyline this past week has been Sarah Brown. She's risen above all of it and has outperformed everyone on that show and I don't even like her.

Today Michael wacked Claudia with an axe and Sonny told Michael he was proud of him. Ugh.

• Members

So much for ignoring what you dislike. :lol::P

Sarah Brown acted her ass off this and last week. She really sold the hell out of this thing, and a I knew she would. Hopefully, though doubtful (well, maybe not since Mulcahey was upped to story consultant), she'll have better material on B&B.

Drew Garrett has been a find this year, and I can tell he's really invested in his portrayal of Michael.

Again, GH in HD is stunning to look at. It's really become the best looking show on daytime if you watch in HD.

Archived