GH: November Discussion Thread

• Members

General Hospital is the perfect example of how character perspectives completly change and inconsistencies occur depending on who is in charge. I don't have anything against Sonny and Carly I get their dynamic and I get their history but I was bothered by Sonny's ultimate declaration that he "loved Carly most". I don't believe Sonny loved Carly more than Brenda. I could be wrong but anyway I get it, character propping where necessary.

It also bothered me a bit when Lulu talked about her childhood ummm when did Laura goto the nuthouse? Because from what I saw Lulu was barely past toddler stage when that happened and then Luke and Laura only briefly united before her breakdown. Then I get Luke was a rolling stone, but in his own VERY unconventional way he was about his family why are they trying to change that part of the character? Man have they changed these characters I feel as if I'm watching very different characters.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

classicmoment, ITA. Guza changes the characters and their history in a blink of an eye to fit the plot. Sonny saying that he loved Carly the most is to create drama, but I don't care because I don't believe it. He isn't out there desperately searching for her so he can't love her that much. Lulu has not shared a scene with Sonny in more a year or more and here is she is declaring her dying wish that Dominic does not bring down Sonny. Ridiculous. Sam back as Jason's appendage is annoying. So much for Carly's high risk pregnancy. She has the kid in a cabin and is fine.

Olivia does not waste any time. She is already sniffing around Sonny. Johnny is out of luck there.

I was sick of GH's November sweeps stunt by Monday. The ratings will be interesting. I think they will be good.

• Members

If I were Dominic I'd say, "If you promise to die, I won't go after Sonny. You do promise, right?"

Between that and Dominic saying Carly is "a nice lady", he's clearly gotten the same brain damage as the rest of the townspeople.

Poor Brandon Barash. He's too good for these awful characters, Sonny and (o)livia.

The Jason/Lucky scene was just too bizarre. I kept going back to their old days, when "the real Lucky" was a thug in training/errand boy. I kept forgetting about their recent history. And of course we get big anvils for the awful story ahead.

• Members

Carly has been really nice to Dominic and actually hasnt done much of anything to anyone since he arrived in town. Idk why he would think anything else of her.

with Lucky & Jason i was waiting for Jason to just get up and say "thats enough, little boy" as he walks out. Im having a hard time adjusting to JJ as Lucky, even tho i watched it when he was. Im sorry, i just dont think he is right for the role anymore. They need to make him not a cop, for starters. that would go a long way.

• Members

i doubt lucky will join the mob, gh wont care enough about JJ in 2 months for him to be a mob lacky. hes just a shiny new toy, but they already have franco coming...

idk, i like carly more now than i have in years. shes matured an grown up, yet still is carly. kinda like sami on days. i like the growth, and it isnt like shes not still a bitch to people she hates (liz, sam, kate, robin).

• Members

"Moy woife is in lie-buh. We haf ta foind her NAH-OWWWWWWW!"

Swear to God, Ingo has been so unconvincing since this Sweeps stunt started. It's like he's shouting and yawning at the same time.

I am also having a hard time seeing all the "Magic GH" that people have talking about. Nelson Branco wrote that the old GH was BACK and while I enjoy reading NB (unlike many here), I cannot agree.

True, MB woke up and learnt his big Friday monologue by heart. Congrats, Mo, on getting through that without completely stumbling and, you know, actually doing your [!@#$%^&*] JOB.

Steve Burton: cocks gun, bursts into rooms, blinks, "Where's CLAW-ed Ya?" Blinks again.

Sarah Brown was good but in an as-to-be-expected way. Girl gives it 100%. But other than that -- business as usual. I have tried to put my finger on it and think it is because Brown is in Supporting Player Mode. This story seems to be more about Cassie/CarSick/Carly 4.0 than anybody else.

Not to fear, I'm sure they have a horrible, drawn-out death planned for Claudia where she gurgles up blood before breathing her last in her little Johnny's arms. And then we'll have Sonny and Jason doing air pumps and slapping each other on the back, grateful to be rid of that "faithless whore." Justice is served! Ick.

I am also BEYOND SICK of one of the Spencers reminding us how Laura was all about white picket fences and Da Boringness while simultaneously suppressing Luke's "Fantastic Mr. Fox" mojo. Dumbasses, we get it. You've been banging that revisionist drum since 2004.

• Members

Worrrddd!!!!!! For me it was good (I havn't watched in over a year and I havn't watched consistently in years) but when somebody says GH is back my mind goes to GH mid to late 90s back. This was definitly not that, it was just good soap.

More specifically:

I caught a clip the other day on youtube where Vanessa Marcil described the character of Jax. She says he is "every woman's fantasy" which means "he doesn't exist" Jax went from the balance to the dark character of Sonny to being propping material for Sonny in no time. IR was not hired (or kept rather) for his acting abilities.

You know MB can be a good actor, but what is the incentive? GH has been the Sonny show for at least the past decade and that is the beginning of when he started seeming as bored and uninterested to do it as I was to watch.

Excellent actress. She just finds the broken pieces of her characters and humanizes them.

You know Burton used to, imo, seem effective; but he too has fallen into this bland routine. Jeeeez. I tuned in and caught some of the LIASON stuff he tried a lil bit there with much chem with RH. I just hated how that storyline made Lucky seemed to lose his savy.

You know I never knew this was happening until yesterday's epi with Lulu's childhood meemories rehashed (pun intended). It's crazy to me because there is no need to do that, the only reasoning I can see is to force an explanation as to why Lulu and Lucky are the characters they are. But then again I always expected Nicholas, Lucky and Lulu to be messed up adults so why did we need to completly change character profile and back story?

• Members

For someone who's not a Sarah Brown fan, this past week has been all her. She's stolen the show away from everyone else and I felt her pain. She sold it. I applaude her. Mo had a good monologue but to me SSDD. The rest of the players, mediocre. Although the kid who plays Michael was good.

GH has had 1 week of good soapy stuff. THey have JJ back and the JF buzz.

But seems like they are on a character killing spree, seems the only way to raise ratings for them.

Another character is going to go nuts and get killed off I've heaed over the next several weeks too.

And no one can convince me this whole arc with Claudia was last minute. I believe they planned to let Sarah go or not resign her and had this arc with the writers to play out. It was all done pretty well of course GH always writes for the mob leaving crap for everyone else.

• Members

I could barely get through today's episode. This show is full of stupid. I'm so tired of Michael whining about one thing or the other. Sonny and Carly are horrible parents. Jason is a terrible uncle. There was no need to cover up Claudia's death. Olivia needs to die. I'm sick of her fawning over Sonny.

MB, IR, and SBu have all been horrific so far this sweeps.

• Members

The only thing I have enjoyed the past few days has been Sarah Brown. And I have never ever ever been a fan of hers ever. But my lord she really upped her game for the end of her run. It's terrible they couldn't do better for her. But GH won't learn. You think since the Bill Eckert thing was such a flop they would not have tried something similar with SBr. NL IMO there was no excuse. They brought her back when they knew Claudia was a flop and not working. Whatever. I don't see the old GH. Where are the Quartermaines, the Scorpios. and The Spencers front and center and the mobsters as bad buys. Yeah that's the old GH Nelson.

I'll say again the women save this show time and time again. I'm not even that impressed with JJ yet. Add KeMo to that list too although all she's really done is become the old Sam in Jasam again and kiss Jason's ass.

I have warmed to BB's character and I don't like him with Olivia but I do think he's much better with the older characters on the show.

Archived