GH: November Discussion Thread

• Members

I noticed that they made fun of Edward for singing the old Thanksgiving Q song. Between that and the disgusting scenes of Niz airing out their whoring around in front of the Q crypt, Guza's hatred for the Quartermaine family is still going.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't get that at all. If he really hated Edward it wouldn't have been Edward that was the character at the center of the whole holiday theme portion of the episode at the end. He certainly wouldn't have been the one to look into the camera and talk to us. The Qs are pretty much gone--there were more Spencers in that living room than Q. I was just happy to see Edward and Monica, but their pizza tradition I can do without at this point and would have preferred a nice dinner where Edward invited Audrey, Liz and Lucky to join the rest of them. Not sure why they don't dust off Audrey, Leslie and Bobbie for holiday episodes, but they should.

Yeah, they never have appetizing pizza. I think this started in the early to mid 90s when due to bickering and whatnot, the turkey would always wind up on the floor, forcing them to order in pizza. Somewhere a few years back it became just ordering in pizza.

• Members

All I took from it was that a number of characters were smirking or somewhat contemptuous of him singing alone. It would have been less depressing, or callous, if they'd either had everyone sing, or had Edward not sing at all. To me it came across like the cool kids making fun of the last gasp.

• Members

What was odd is Edward singing alone. Usually, the whole family sang together. Alan would take the lead and everyone would join in. I didn't understand the point of Edward singing alone. What ever the intention, it drove home how pathetic the Qs have become.

I don't think that Guza cares enough about the Qs to hate them. He does find them useful on occasion like Edward plowing down people at the carnival. I'm surprised that they use John Ingle so much. He gave an interview about a year ago where he called them on the mob and the decimation of the Qs. They must like him.

Archived