GH: James Franco Joins The Cast

• Members

Rick Hearst?!?

He wasn't able to shine with anyone on GH even with a megawatt spotlight blinding him at full blast. He might be a decent actor (well he had two good scenes on Gh during the panic room story back in ancient times) but the guy has absolutely no charisma or screen presence. He is the living embodiment of anti-entertainment. Oh my god, thinking now to that year of Claudia and Ric and their emmy winning arsenal of acting skills boring the audience with endless discussions in Sonny's living room about I am not even sure what...it was a nightmare. He was a mightmare! She was a nightmare! They literally created the most boring scenes seen on GH in many a year.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dude, I have been a regular watcher of GH for over 25 years and that includes the 1980s obviously. No need to be so dismissive of someone because they may have said something less than flattering about a soap idol of your or whatever. I see opinions here all the time I think are from mars, I don't make it personal.

• Members

According to TV Guide an ABC publicist says that James wanted to test his chops on a grueling daytime drama. He loves to explore the different types of acting that is available and had never done soaps and was interested in the amount of work soap actors do.

His first airdate is November 20th

• Members

he has.

he has done big budget films, indies, shorts, studio films, newbie directors and seasoned vets, college films, various types of theater, weekly tv...

he wanted to try soaps, so he is. it is the only genre where actors work at that pace and have that much to do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I read on Serial Drama that James Franco says he's becoming addicted to GH (how diplomatic!) and that Judd Apatow is a soap fan. He must be, if his films are any indication -- they're also all about unlikeable, straight, white men/misogny/near-invisible minorities.

• Members

Oh for goodness sake! This isn't "a new and baffling, trend." It isn't a trend at all. (One guy isn't a trend.) Franco's bored and feels like switching it up. If I had any doubt about that, his rather strange cameo on SNL made that clear. I think its time to stop being shocked and just roll with it.

Archived