GH: James Franco Joins The Cast

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:lol:

CANNOT believe it. Isn't Franco just too indie, too COOL for Daytime?

This must be some wet dream of Guza's. "Yeah, James wants to learn at the feet of the method masters, Benard and burton." :lol::lol::lol: Too bad they won't learn anything from him.

• Members

LOL! And you know that he will be working with the worse of GH's actors because he will only interact with the mob characters. I can't figure out who to be more embarrassed for him or them. I'll go with him.

That picture is classic. Guess, he isn't that cerebral.

• Members

LMAO

Gotta be a hoax. Last I read (thanks, Perez!), since Johnny Depp may drop out of Pirates IV, Franco is one of the three top contenders to replace him. While that is a Disney project, I simply cannot fathom that he would consider a bottom-rated bottom-feeding soap opera. (Imagine what Entourage's Ari Gold would say if he heard that news???).

That said, I could imagine a scenario whereby this happens. The "Pirates" news suggests that he has conversations with Disney. What if Frons is thinking about a LAST DITCH strategy to save GH...to get buzz...to get something akin to the Liz Taylor boost from the 1980s. Franco is young, he has Spiderman (and other) cachet. Maybe if they threw millions at him PLUS the promise of X number of films, and creative control, I could see how he might agree to do this.

Since the name Vanessa Marcil is tied to this item, it also makes me wonder (if true...I'm sure it is not) if his return might be tied to a return of Vanessa. Is he her new lover?

If Franco came, I could see Frons spending millions to get him and promote him. If, then, the ratings are still sh!t, I could see GH being cancelled within weeks after that.

• Members

Seriously though, other than JF having a drug habit which requires a quick infusion of cash for him to score and/or pay off his dealer, there is no explanation for him going on GH. No agent would ever advise their movie star client to go on a soap because it jeopardizes his A list celebrity status.

• Members

He'll need plenty of that Colombian marching powder to get him through scenes where Mo forgets his lines and starts looking around for the autocue. Also when JF gets that first script praising what an amazing women/mother Carly is.

Archived