GH: James Franco Joins The Cast

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not even Disney would not want to damage its Pirates franchise by having Franco do a soap. If JF really does GH, I would think that he won't get a sniff at Jack Sparrow. Nah, JF is doing this out of desperation. He is in debt to his dealer or bookie. LOL!

• Members

C'mon, jp! You know I'm a huge soap fan and wish the mainstream would take Daytime seriously for the genre that it is. But even you have to admit that there is a pecking order. Franco and Daytime soaps? That is a yawning gulf the size of the atlantic ocean. I mean, Julia Roberts always talks about how much she loves Days and Oprah is apparently a GH fan. I don't see either one of them lining up to join their soaps as a special guest star for ONE SHOW, let alone 2 months.

I would pay to see that. Franco is insanely hot. I saw him in the street filming once. INSANELY hot.

• Members

But those stars also are not in college turning down lead roles because they want to learn about film and media. those odnt take non credited, non paying roles in bit indie movies for fun, they dont do things for the experience. James Franco isnt your typical im better than you are star. Hes an actor. End of story. I gained so much respect for him after watching his shorts and reading interviews with him where he was blew off the system and hollywood. Hes real.

• Members

Neither did I -- until I saw him. Those cheekbones. And the way he walked and handled himself. Hotness.

I would love it if he messed things up at GH and left Jason and Sonny looking like the putzes they are.

• Members

Okay okay, all kidding aside. Franco was just in Cleveland a few months ago in support of some art film. I didn't go but my coworker and her daughter did and got the same impression you did. The guy truly is a sponge for experience. The type who insists on touching a hot stove just to feel the pain for himself. So I guess this does fit the profile.

• Members

See, when you put it that way, you got me all convinced! And you make me even more of a fan of his! And I already thought he was real because he did Freaks & Geeks and to this day still talks proudly about the show and the people he worked with there.

Oh, and the James Dean biopic. :lol:

LOL :lol: Technically, Greg Vaughan is still on the show so... I wouldn't mind commencing with some Vaughan-Franco interplay. Lucky and Whateverthefuck Vladimir Cassadine on opposite sides of the feud... but strangely drawn to each other?

Archived