GH: James Franco Joins The Cast

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Milk was more of an arthouse movie, wasn't it? I can't really see a big shift in viewers because he played Sean Penn's boyfriend. And how many people who were moved by a film which showed the horror of gun violence will want to watch a show that revels in gun violence?

I do think this is cool and I have a lot of respect for Franco for doing this (and not making it into some big step down, or attempt at slumming), but I'll be surprised if the ratings go up.

• Members

If GH get him, VM puts Cassadine/Spencer back on in true form fromnt burner now that JJ is back. I will admit I am intrigued, especially now since SB is gone (sorry I just think she is too right for Carly to be some mob princess I didn't buy it). I might completly switch gears from Y&R (even catching up on summaries as I have been) but then Lord with these writers and people in charge and how they tend to make a mess of Golden opportunites.

P.S. Now if we could only get rid of IR

• Members

I know that he doesn't need the money, but it wouldn't surprise me if ABC did a little butt kissing and sweetened the deal, I mean this kind of casting coup is pretty unheard of. Plus agents and managers are always going to be looking out for their clients, they recognize his worth as an A-lister and even if this is a little pet project for him, they're not going to sit by idly and let him be financially "insulted" if you will. Burton and Franco are both managed by James/Levy , but I wonder how Franco's agents over at Endeavor felt about this.

• Members

All in all, it would be nice if this even in a little way helped public perception of soap opera and brought in higher ratings. Say OLTL managed to get one of the Twilight kids for a few months, I mean, can you imagine what that would do for that show?

• Members

Unless JJ can somehow make Tyler Christopher a passable actor again and bring Stefan back from the dead, and erase 5+ years of nasty writing for Luke and Lulu, I don't think he can do much to help the Spencers and the Cassadines.

I don't think GH can truly improve until Guza and Maurice Benard are gone.

Now I'm imagining Twilight in Llanview. Cole would almost seem cheery compared to Robert Pattinson.

• Administrator

Saw a funny joke/suggestion on Soapzone.....Kanye West = Justus Ward.

Another Kanye joke: "Yo JJ, I'm really happy for your fans to see you back on GH, I’ll let you finish, but JF coming on GH is the best news of all time!"

Too hilarious. :lol:

Archived