GH: James Franco Joins The Cast

• Members

Glad I could help. But really, I understand the initial shock. We all had it. But now that it's had time to sink in and its clear that Franco isn't doing this because he's in debt or has an untreated brain tumor, all that's left to do is watch the circus and wait to hear what he says when it's all over.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I still don't understand how the burden is on daytime if a very limited run by a B-list actor doesn't get the numbers up. If daytime sinks or swims it's not based on James Franco.

That's very nice of them to take ABC at their word about OLTL.

• Members

He is not going to get the numbers up. He will get some people and the press tuning in for him and him alone with the intention of tuning out immediately after. So the burden is on GH to produce a quality show (tall order) so maybe just a small fraction of the people decide to stay and the mainstream media doesn't bury the show under an avalanche of ridicule and mockery.

• Members

You said it! They ratings may go up maybe .1 or .2, but that's about it. And when he leaves, they will go back down. Honestly, I am really hoping many media critics analyze GH while Franco is on the show and discuss how horrible characters like Jason, Sonny, Carly, Jax, Sam, Spanelli all are, and then maybe ABC and Disney get the hint and boot them all out!

• Members

Am I the only one who thinks Franco's character will be secretly hiding in some sort of warehouse and will only communicate via phonecalls the entire time or something, leading up the climax of the story where that will be the first time he sees Jason and Sam?

With his limited taping schedule, I kinda believe he'll just be locked up somewhere, taping by himself the entire time till they end the story.

Archived