Guiding Light discussion thread

Paul Raven

• Members
8 hours ago, Forever8 said:

I expected Alex and Roger to finish off with a sword duel i.e. Peter Pan and Captain Hook. 

Okay, I know I am most likely the only GL viewer who found Det. Levy kind of sexy..in a real person kind of way. He just disappeared after they made Moron Frank a cop right?

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
3 hours ago, DRW50 said:

@Vee you are right, it is exactly like that DAYS scene. I hadn't thought about it until now. I have little emotional attachment to those characters on DAYS so I could just laugh. I think if I didn't care about what JFP did to the show I would not be as sour about this clip  - parts do crack me up. 

Maeve Kinkead saves the baby stuff for me, but it is ridiculous otherwise. I'm  just glad this is not  a few years later, where Laibson/McTavish  would have had Roger throw baby Peter out the window,  von Stroheim style. 

It just seems like one crazy thing on top of another until they add a lady with a baby - "no, no!!" The only thing the scene was missing was a local animal act being inadvertently brought in next, like some bears or an elephant.

• Members
1 hour ago, Mitch said:

Okay, I know I am most likely the only GL viewer who found Det. Levy kind of sexy..in a real person kind of way. He just disappeared after they made Moron Frank a cop right?

I think Levy still appeared into the late '90s.

I agree that he had some sex appeal, similar to Cutter. GL generally did a better job with their  cop characters in that respect than the other soaps. 

• Members

One Harley and Mallet left his role was greatly reduced but he did still appear after they left so 1994 might be correct. They left September 1993.

I always liked Levy and Mallet as partners. 

• Members
12 minutes ago, victoria foxton said:

I'm pretty sure he was on GL after 94.

Ya I have it that Ward last appeared as Eugene Levy in 1998. My guess had he lasted longer he would have been killed off by Carmen Santos or something. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members
16 hours ago, Vee said:

It just seems like one crazy thing on top of another until they add a lady with a baby - "no, no!!" The only thing the scene was missing was a local animal act being inadvertently brought in next, like some bears or an elephant.

Oh now, I have to go back and watch that scene and imagine a clown coming in and spraying Alex with a seltzer bottle..."Grrr...Rog....UGGGH" dancing girls kicking across the floor along with dancing poodles and a girl with flaming batons.

The only thing truly missing was Deas...spitting, flapping those arms around, and chewing the table out from under fauxBilly.

• Members
13 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

Hmmm, sexy young Ross..oh how I would love to be on the other end of one of his stern lectures..though he needs to be wearing his glasses too!

I always thought Ross and Van would have been good end game for patriarch and matriarch of SF.  I never thought he and Blake would last (though the Bloss people would go nuts..) and she and Matt were ehhh, and there was no way I could see Van putting up with Billy's crap when she was older.

This was the Sheri Anderson mess years...I never got why Alex was running a gallery with Maureen and dating H.B.???? But it was all leading up to the Christine Valerre stuff which made no sense.

• Members
On 10/15/2021 at 10:04 AM, Mitch said:

Hmmm, sexy young Ross..oh how I would love to be on the other end of one of his stern lectures..though he needs to be wearing his glasses too!

I always thought Ross and Van would have been good end game for patriarch and matriarch of SF.  I never thought he and Blake would last (though the Bloss people would go nuts..) and she and Matt were ehhh, and there was no way I could see Van putting up with Billy's crap when she was older.

This was the Sheri Anderson mess years...I never got why Alex was running a gallery with Maureen and dating H.B.???? But it was all leading up to the Christine Valerre stuff which made no sense.

This was another reason I wish they would have brought back Mike Bauer during 1986 or 1987, after Alan returned. It wouldn't have even mattered to me if it was a recast or if they could get Stewart back. I would have tried pairing Mr. Law and Order with Van. I thought there was some odd chemistry between Mike and Van in the episodes I've seen from 1981, but I admit they were when Anna Stuart was filling in for Maeve Kinkead. I would have put Mike in Van's orbit, putting a potential rivalry with Ross, Alex, Billy...you name it. Plus, have Van eventually marry Mike, and have Van come to a Bauer BBQ (did she attend one in the 1980's at all...?!!?).

• Members
25 minutes ago, zanereed said:

This was another reason I wish they would have brought back Mike Bauer during 1986 or 1987, after Alan returned. It wouldn't have even mattered to me if it was a recast or if they could get Stewart back. I would have tried pairing Mr. Law and Order with Van. I thought there was some odd chemistry between Mike and Van in the episodes I've seen from 1981, but I admit they were when Anna Stuart was filling in for Maeve Kinkead. I would have put Mike in Van's orbit, putting a potential rivalry with Ross, Alex, Billy...you name it. Plus, have Van eventually marry Mike, and have Van come to a Bauer BBQ (did she attend one in the 1980's at all...?!!?).

She probably did when she was Mousey Mrs. Billy Lewis..which is why I could never stand them together....though I loved Billy, she was way too push overy with him.

• Members
1 hour ago, zanereed said:

There were so many valid, important reasons for Mike Bauer to return to the canvas. I would have preferred to get Stewart back, but always felt Jed Allen would have made an affable, attractive Mike too.

If Beverlee McKinsey had stuck around, I would have paired Mike with Alex, but a Mike/Vanessa pair might have worked well.

1 hour ago, Mitch said:

She probably did when she was Mousey Mrs. Billy Lewis..which is why I could never stand them together....though I loved Billy, she was way too push overy with him.

I did not warm up to Vanessa being with Billy, either, but preferred the two of them together over her and Matt Reardon.