Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That is hilarious..who in their right mind would be a baby into a room that they hear people shrieking and chairs falling over (though remember how conveniently Peter was forgotten by Van so they could get Bridget out of town." I do have to say it Roger's comments to Alex are pretty hilarious...."I wouldn't touch you if you were the last woman on earth  and any honest man in this would would have to agree with me" You can see JFP's coming through there, as Alex is tranformed from a powerful woman wronged to a shrieking jealous vindictive "old" bag.  Is there something missing in the scene as it  seems to to 0 to 60 in no time...with Alex screwing her face up and popping those eyes and EVERYONE screaming like its a hillbilly hoedown as Alan would say of the Lewises.  MG is the ONLY one to have a more realistic reaction of calming Billy down and then telling Roger to get out..though I can't tell if her smirk is Holly's usual defensive wryness or if MG thought it was all cheap and hilarious.

Still, I miss big events like that where everyone got together in each other's stories...(how often would you see Holly and Billy interacting in later years...forget about that dumb dating thing.)

• Members

@Vee you are right, it is exactly like that DAYS scene. I hadn't thought about it until now. I have little emotional attachment to those characters on DAYS so I could just laugh. I think if I didn't care about what JFP did to the show I would not be as sour about this clip  - parts do crack me up. 

Maeve Kinkead saves the baby stuff for me, but it is ridiculous otherwise. I'm  just glad this is not  a few years later, where Laibson/McTavish  would have had Roger throw baby Peter out the window,  von Stroheim style. 

• Members

It just seems like one crazy thing on top of another until they add a lady with a baby - "no, no!!" The only thing the scene was missing was a local animal act being inadvertently brought in next, like some bears or an elephant.

• Members

Oh now, I have to go back and watch that scene and imagine a clown coming in and spraying Alex with a seltzer bottle..."Grrr...Rog....UGGGH" dancing girls kicking across the floor along with dancing poodles and a girl with flaming batons.

The only thing truly missing was Deas...spitting, flapping those arms around, and chewing the table out from under fauxBilly.

• Members

Hmmm, sexy young Ross..oh how I would love to be on the other end of one of his stern lectures..though he needs to be wearing his glasses too!

I always thought Ross and Van would have been good end game for patriarch and matriarch of SF.  I never thought he and Blake would last (though the Bloss people would go nuts..) and she and Matt were ehhh, and there was no way I could see Van putting up with Billy's crap when she was older.

This was the Sheri Anderson mess years...I never got why Alex was running a gallery with Maureen and dating H.B.???? But it was all leading up to the Christine Valerre stuff which made no sense.