• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
2 hours ago, Bill Bauer said:

Well that was certainly a busy scene, wasn't it? It was like watching an emotional orgy. 

I realize I am indulgent toward Marj but that's why, as horrified as I was at the time and still am by this atrocious scene, I do not put the blame entirely on her.

Everything - from the stage direction to the acting of everyone else - is just messy and over-the-top. I have to conclude it was the choice and instructions of the director, presumably to express chaos but it came off... very badly. I don't know who directed this but I'd put it at their feet, mostly.

• Members
2 hours ago, FrenchBug82 said:

I realize I am indulgent toward Marj but that's why, as horrified as I was at the time and still am by this atrocious scene, I do not put the blame entirely on her.

Everything - from the stage direction to the acting of everyone else - is just messy and over-the-top. I have to conclude it was the choice and instructions of the director, presumably to express chaos but it came off... very badly. I don't know who directed this but I'd put it at their feet, mostly.

Yeah there is a whole lot going on there which annoys me, even more than how OTT Alex is. I know many love that era. I do not mean to rain on any parades. I just don't.

• Members

That clip has some pretty strong DAYS "John and Brady fight the entire town at Maggie's restaurant" energy.

The part where they're like 'no no, don't bring in the baby!' makes it even more hilarious.

• Members
49 minutes ago, Vee said:

That clip has some pretty strong DAYS "John and Brady fight the entire town at Maggie's restaurant" energy.

The part where they're like 'no no, don't bring in the baby!' makes it even more hilarious.

Is that the sword fight?
Coz I want to see Alexandra handling a sword. If we are doing time travel and cloning, let's have Marj Dusay as a samurai. I'd have watched that.

• Members

Finished watching the WONDERFFUL DaytimeStarsandStrikes Event that Alan Locher so lovingly put on. He did a GREAT job and I told him so in private messages. He appreciated it. SO many of our beloved GL stars appeared. Too many to mention. It is a must see on Youtube. Any GL fan has to watch. Huge huge respect to Alan Locher. He has done so much for daytime, especially during this pandemic. 

13 hours ago, RevaChancellor said:

So exciting to see Wendy again! Thank you Alan! This made my afternoon. Now do one for ATWT!

Definitely!!

• Members

12 hours ago, Vee said:

I expected Alex and Roger to finish off with a sword duel i.e. Peter Pan and Captain Hook. 

• Members
17 hours ago, Vee said:

That is hilarious..who in their right mind would be a baby into a room that they hear people shrieking and chairs falling over (though remember how conveniently Peter was forgotten by Van so they could get Bridget out of town." I do have to say it Roger's comments to Alex are pretty hilarious...."I wouldn't touch you if you were the last woman on earth  and any honest man in this would would have to agree with me" You can see JFP's coming through there, as Alex is tranformed from a powerful woman wronged to a shrieking jealous vindictive "old" bag.  Is there something missing in the scene as it  seems to to 0 to 60 in no time...with Alex screwing her face up and popping those eyes and EVERYONE screaming like its a hillbilly hoedown as Alan would say of the Lewises.  MG is the ONLY one to have a more realistic reaction of calming Billy down and then telling Roger to get out..though I can't tell if her smirk is Holly's usual defensive wryness or if MG thought it was all cheap and hilarious.

Still, I miss big events like that where everyone got together in each other's stories...(how often would you see Holly and Billy interacting in later years...forget about that dumb dating thing.)

• Members

@Vee you are right, it is exactly like that DAYS scene. I hadn't thought about it until now. I have little emotional attachment to those characters on DAYS so I could just laugh. I think if I didn't care about what JFP did to the show I would not be as sour about this clip  - parts do crack me up. 

Maeve Kinkead saves the baby stuff for me, but it is ridiculous otherwise. I'm  just glad this is not  a few years later, where Laibson/McTavish  would have had Roger throw baby Peter out the window,  von Stroheim style.