• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
Posted (edited)

This scene really sums up much of what was pushing me  away from GL at this time - shrillness,  unpleasantness, a slew of bad recasts, etc. Thank goodness for Michael  Zaslow  and for Maeve Kinkead and Maureen Garrett bringing some heart to the last minute or so. A world away  from that lousy Billy recast cracking me up as he walks on tables. 

Much as I generally l liked Dylan, there was also something satisfying about the  show remembering that given  his many years of training, Roger could whoop his ass.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Marj said in an exit interview that she loved that scene, slapping Roger, and Roger slapping her back. She felt like things were still exciting for Alexandra at that point and unfortunately that slowly faded.

• Members

For me that was one of the last storylines I thoroughly enjoyed leading right up into Who Shot Roger? which I enjoyed as well despite Mark Jennings from Dynasty playing Billy Lewis at the time ugh. After that story ended I felt the show kind of went off the rails as 1994 progressed.

I don’t recall having much of a problem with Dusay’s Alex until the Nick & Mindy 1994 wedding garbage occurred. I mean I always like Marj but of course she was no Beverlee and the putrid writing for Alex certainly did her no favors at all. 

• Members
1 hour ago, amybrickwallace said:

Especially when you are trying to make an established character your own.

Bingo! I always try not to be so harsh on both Ron Raines and Marj Dusay because I do feel they gave it all they could but somewhere better writing really could’ve helped both of them out. The crap stories about “Who is A. Spaulding?” and that clusterfuck about   Amanda’s true paternity were really dreadful. 

But I enjoyed their moments and accepted them both in the long run, probably because I was more forgiving of GL than I should have been. 

• Members
33 minutes ago, soapfan770 said:

Bingo! I always try not to be so harsh on both Ron Raines and Marj Dusay because I do feel they gave it all they could but somewhere better writing really could’ve helped both of them out.

They both were/are engaging performers who would have flourished in the right roles.

• Members
On 10/8/2021 at 11:51 PM, DRW50 said:

This scene really sums up much of what was pushing me  away from GL at this time - shrillness,  unpleasantness, a slew of bad recasts, etc. Thank goodness for Michael  Zaslow  and for Maeve Kinkead and Maureen Garrett bringing some heart to the last minute or so. A world away  from that lousy Billy recast cracking me up as he walks on tables. 

Much as I generally l liked Dylan, there was also something satisfying about the  show remembering that given  his many years of training, Roger could whoop his ass.

Well that was certainly a busy scene, wasn't it? It was like watching an emotional orgy.