• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Most of the storylines I remember and love go way back

Who remembers the Gaslight storyline where Sara marries Lee Gantry on the rebound from Joe.  It was at an old country farmhouse.   Gantry with the help of his blackmailing housekeeper Miss Foss (played by Jan Sterling) tried to make Sara go mad to get her money 

I remember them opening the loose brick in the attic (almost daily) that hid his first wife’s diary.  And as a kid I vividly remember seeing Miss Foss fall from the attic window and seeing her dead with eyes wide open 

This is the way to write soaps

• Members

Wow..O'leary was eating the scenery there..I never saw it before but Clark could have played O'leary's dad. I wish NuPhillip was playing someone else. he is good, just not Phillip and he was one of the only guys Adams had chemistry with.  Loved Alex here...the later writers should have watched these kinds of scenes.  Good ole Alicia Rohmer..soon to be killed herself.

Zimmer is all kinds of annoying here (yes, yes, we know your there...)..poor Maeve stuck in a collar here on her way to being meek Van..though I loved her having some steel in her voice. I liked Trish...she was a good actress. You can see they were thinking that Kyle can replace Alan Spaulding here...not quite.

Edited by Mitch

• Members

The Kevin Mambo interview was decent 

I liked how he eluded to Dinah and Marcus should have been a couple.

He gave praise to Zaslow, Deas, and Zimmer. He learned a lot from those three.

He hasn't seen Sharon Leal and Amelia Marshall in forever 

His Emmy story was hilarious 

A lot of actors can say they beat Jonathan Jackson, Nathan Fillion, and Shemar Moore for a Emmy  in the same year 

Edited by Frank2803

• Members

This is an unpopular opinion but I liked John Bolger as Phillip. But I was never much of a fan of Grant Aleksander’s.

Note to Alexandra and Beth: if you don’t want to talk to a reporter, just keep walking and don’t engage. It’s silly if you tell them you don’t want to answer questions, and then just stand there and let them ask you questions.

• Members

Bolger was great..he was just too different from GA to be an immediate recast. He seemed more like Bernau's bio son then Phillip...(would he have been the real Spaulding heir, who actually had lived and came back to take Phillip on.) Or if he played a corporate raider in cahoots with India...he was one of the few men that MKA had chemistry with.

Speaking of MKA...I LOVE her as India...she just brings the right blend of mischief, along with that hurt deep down and the few times she shows she has a heart. Long really knew how to write for her but I don't think that anyone else did...she never fit into the role of trouble making "vixen" so it was difficult.

• Members

I thought Judi Evans, Beth, Mary Sue that she was..was not an annoying as say, Lily Snyder...I think Evans worked against the writing sometimes to bring Beth down to earth.

The clips above show what a mess the show had become at that time, (though interesting to see Parker's first few months) Faux Ed, unexplainably bitchy Claire, Simon and Jesse (ugh) Alex being stupid and thinking white bred Simon is her brother, crazy Cain, boring Maeve and Kyle. Though I really liked Reva at this time, brought back down to earth and not hyper ventilating over a great love, and actually loved the Fletcher/Reva friendship...I loved when she accuses him of being jealous and he just blows it off as ridiculous and you can see Reva covering up her disappintment.  And I HATE Fletcher but he was good doing this kind of stuff.