Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Christina is pretty old there...I always thought it was weird that she didn't think of Ed as more of her dad then Roger when she came back. The push and pull of thinking of Ed as her dad but wanting the approval of her bio dad would have been similar to Phillip and one thing to bring them together. But Long seemed to want to obscure that.

• Members

I apologize if someone else has corrected this long-standing error, but the name of the character played by JoBeth Williams was Brandy Shillitoe, a name possibly inspired by the British novelist Alan Sillitoe.

Somehow this name was printed somewhere as Brandy Shillooe, and the error has been picked up in other publications, including a book on GL. Robert LaGuardia's THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF TV SOAP OPERAS was either the source of the mistake or perpetuated the mistake. By the way, LaGuardia's book is now selling for $768. Wonder if I still have my old copy?

• Members

Thank you for sharing your memories. I wish any of this was available. I have only ever seen Lynn in a promo. 

I remember Maureen Garrett saying in SOD that Lynn had left the show because she got married, implying she hadn't really wanted to leave. Maureen said Lynn would, for a while, return and  watch her while she was filming, which would unnerve her.