Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

He has recently joined a vintage soap opera board on Facebook. Now that he is a member, I wonder if folks there will refrain from giving their honest opinions of his "interviewing" style, just out of courtesy. I don't want his feelings slaughtered, of course, but it will be unfortunate if other members can no longer say what they truly think, and must stifle themselves.

• Members

One thing that I have learned from having to critique people's work, in the past, even in person, face to face, during writing workshops, is that you should lead with a positive comment first. I would say "I appreciate the fact that you started these virtual reunions during a time when there is so much anxiety and people are looking for comfort". Then I would say "I like that you're using clips of scenes from these soaps that the guests can comment on", then I would suggest that he'd probably be great at focusing on producing the show and working with a host, he could likely do even more.

• Members

Exactly. When you host any kind of show, I think your guests and your viewers deserve more scintillating moderating than "wow...wow...wow...that's crazy". But more than that, he doesn't do his homework and often gets facts wrong. If he would work at it more and listen to constructive feedback, his show would be so much better. I don't want his feelings hurt, either. Constructive criticism is different than just bashing someone.

I mentioned really liking his show with Krista Tesreau and Mark Lewis. Oddly enough, I think Mark Lewis directed a play I saw at Wheaton College many years ago. I read he's been there since 1995, and my church youth group traveled from Cleveland to Chicago and saw that play in 1997. I'll have to write him and check. I have long since forgotten the name of that play.

Edited by amybrickwallace

• Members

Yeah it is. For some reason the files do not come up with the covers. Here is a screenshot with results. This is just from filtering 1953. You can then filter further to just reduce it to TV Guide only

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by will81

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thank you for posting this. Can anyone out there clarify for me if Lynne Adams *wanted* to leave TGL, or if the Dobsons decided to simply write out Leslie (as they had earlier with Joe Werner) to free Mike up for new romantic entanglements.

I still wish Mike and Leslie would have had a son or daughter. I suppose that might have been too weird at that time in the 1970's to have a child who would have had the same mother and two different fathers...who were also brothers! Or, had that already happened on another soap and I just can't recall it...?

Also, for curiosity's sake - I recall that Don Stewart had better chemistry with Barbara Rodell versus Lynne Adams. Can anyone clarify that, as well?