Jump to content
Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

Guiding Light discussion thread


Paul Raven

Recommended Posts

  • Members

Thanks for the recap. Aside from Paula Garces, who was never much of an actress (although she has aged well and she was OK on the AMC revival), the family had a lot of talent. Just so much bad writing alongside it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Members
Posted (edited)

Both were very talk active and Saundra talked about her other work and actors that weren't very nice. She goes into detail and then realizes it'll be seen.. Lol...got to love her. Alan had to cut them off though because he had to leave.

Its interesting how a lot of actors are fond of Hunt Block.

The later years of Craig was written to his personality. It's a shame because it was a mistake and made Craig cartoonish.

@victoria foxton btw PAS told Alan he loved him again

Also I'm surprised Alan hasn't interviewed Hunt Block since he mentioned he still keeps in touch with him. I'd like to hear about his time on Knots Landing.

Edited by Soapsuds
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
10 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

Both were very talk active and Saundra talked about her other work and actors that weren't very nice. She goes into detail and then realizes it'll be seen.. Lol...got to love her. Alan had to cut them off though because he had to leave.

Its interesting how a lot of actors are fond of Hunt Block.

The later years of Craig was written to his personality. It's a shame because it was a mistake and made Craig cartoonish.

@victoria foxton btw PAS told Alan he loved him again

Also I'm surprised Alan hasn't interviewed Hunt Block since he mentioned he still keeps in touch with him. I'd like to hear about his time on Knots Landing.

Now i'm going to have to see it. Sounds like Saundra spilled a lot of 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, victoria foxton said:

Now i'm going to have to see it. Sounds like Saundra spilled a lot of 

She mentioned how Hunt would push Rauch buttons. He would  play a scene differently than it was rehearsed and Rauch would hit the roof.

She mentioned an actor in Primetime who made unwanted advances to her years ago and later they saw each other again and he denied it. Its a long story. You have to watch the interview. 

Edited by Soapsuds
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
3 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

She mentioned how Hunt would push Rauch buttons. He would  play a scene differently than it was rehearsed and Rauch would hit the roof.

She mentioned an actor in Primetime who made unwanted advances to her years ago and later they saw each other again and he denied it. Its a long story. You have to watch the interview. 

where abouts in the interview is this

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
25 minutes ago, John said:

where abouts in the interview is this

1 hour 4 min mark about the actor. The Hunt Block stuff was discussed twice. I believe it's before the one hour mark...not sure exactly when.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, DRW50 said:

Thanks for the recap. Aside from Paula Garces, who was never much of an actress (although she has aged well and she was OK on the AMC revival), the family had a lot of talent. Just so much bad writing alongside it.

Being Hispanic i was quite excited when the Santos family came on. But GL never handled them well. All the campy and cartoony mob drama sucked. I was never a fan of Pilar. Paula is pretty good playing the mom on the Netflix series On My Block. Paula was wrong saying the Santos were first Latino family on soaps. AMC already had the Santos. Always found the parents extremely stereotypical. But i digress this isn't the AMC thread. Heck even Days had the Ramirez family. Which was just April and Emilio. For the most part. I could be wrong but the Lopez-Fitzgerald over on Passion debuted around the same time the Santos did. Almost forgot about the Vega's on OLTL who also predate the Santos.

Edited by victoria foxton
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
33 minutes ago, victoria foxton said:

Being Hispanic i was quite excited when the Santos family came on. But GL never handled them well. All the campy and cartoony mob drama sucked. I was never a fan of Pilar. Paula is pretty good playing the mom on the Netflix series On My Block. Paula was wrong saying the Santos were first Latino family on soaps. AMC already had the Santos. Always found the parents extremely stereotypical. But i digress this isn't the AMC thread. Heck even Days had the Ramirez family. Which was just April and Emilio. For the most part. I could be wrong but the Lopez-Fitzgerald over on Passion debuted around the same time the Santos did.

The Santos family debuted around late 1998, but they weren't far apart, no. And yes, the Santos on AMC and the Ramirezes, not to mention the Castillos and Andrades on Santa Barbara, were all earlier. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
19 hours ago, victoria foxton said:

After her disastrous affair. With the 2th Mallet. BE goes after a gay man. BTS GL was better than the actual show.

LOL..I wonder if this is true..as all the cast had to know Murray was gay..he never really hid it..but ya gotta hand it to BE..she had fine taste and was willing to try it all, including, if rumors are true.. a dabble with CW ) and somehow without being a die hard knock out...she got most of it...(she should be a gay icon!)

How interesting the GL storyline would have been if Cyrus was gay,...and Alex knew it and just wanted a charming, handsome friend and to save him from deportation, married him, and  didn't mind what he did outside until he fell in love with..???? Alan would find out and blackmail him into doing something but in the end Alex is cool with it and lets him go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 hour ago, Mitch said:

LOL..I wonder if this is true..as all the cast had to know Murray was gay..he never really hid it..but ya gotta hand it to BE..she had fine taste and was willing to try it all, including, if rumors are true.. a dabble with CW ) and somehow without being a die hard knock out...she got most of it...(she should be a gay icon!)

How interesting the GL storyline would have been if Cyrus was gay,...and Alex knew it and just wanted a charming, handsome friend and to save him from deportation, married him, and  didn't mind what he did outside until he fell in love with..???? Alan would find out and blackmail him into doing something but in the end Alex is cool with it and lets him go.

OMG!!! CW too (allegedly). BE was insatiable. Your idea for Cyrus was better than what played onscreen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
5 minutes ago, victoria foxton said:

OMG!!! CW too (allegedly). BE was insatiable. Your idea for Cyrus was better than what played onscreen.

Why not add homophobe to the list of Alan's crimes...as he produces evidence.."Oh Alex, by the way, your husband is...GAY!" Alex coolly says, "I know Alan, unlike you, I lived in Europe! Now I have to go, Cyrus and I have some shopping to do..I'm sure there is a crazy younger blond out there you can find to bolster up your fragile elderly male ego! Don't forget the blue pills dear!"

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy