Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

He's got a warmth to him. I can see a lot of gay men gravitating to him. He and Saundra mentioned how they knew a lot of viewers hated the Santos family. They blame the writing as Saundra asked for writing changes but it never happened.

Ryan Brown is mentioned too. He's moved back to Texas to be closer to his family and his son is going to college in Texas. I didn't know Ryan was a Texas boy!

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Both were very talk active and Saundra talked about her other work and actors that weren't very nice. She goes into detail and then realizes it'll be seen.. Lol...got to love her. Alan had to cut them off though because he had to leave.

Its interesting how a lot of actors are fond of Hunt Block.

The later years of Craig was written to his personality. It's a shame because it was a mistake and made Craig cartoonish.

@victoria foxton btw PAS told Alan he loved him again

Please register in order to view this content

Also I'm surprised Alan hasn't interviewed Hunt Block since he mentioned he still keeps in touch with him. I'd like to hear about his time on Knots Landing.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

She mentioned how Hunt would push Rauch buttons. He would  play a scene differently than it was rehearsed and Rauch would hit the roof.

She mentioned an actor in Primetime who made unwanted advances to her years ago and later they saw each other again and he denied it. Its a long story. You have to watch the interview. 

Edited by Soapsuds

Being Hispanic i was quite excited when the Santos family came on. But GL never handled them well. All the campy and cartoony mob drama sucked. I was never a fan of Pilar. Paula is pretty good playing the mom on the Netflix series On My Block. Paula was wrong saying the Santos were first Latino family on soaps. AMC already had the Santos. Always found the parents extremely stereotypical. But i digress this isn't the AMC thread. Heck even Days had the Ramirez family. Which was just April and Emilio. For the most part. I could be wrong but the Lopez-Fitzgerald over on Passion debuted around the same time the Santos did. Almost forgot about the Vega's on OLTL who also predate the Santos.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

LOL..I wonder if this is true..as all the cast had to know Murray was gay..he never really hid it..but ya gotta hand it to BE..she had fine taste and was willing to try it all, including, if rumors are true.. a dabble with CW ) and somehow without being a die hard knock out...she got most of it...(she should be a gay icon!)

How interesting the GL storyline would have been if Cyrus was gay,...and Alex knew it and just wanted a charming, handsome friend and to save him from deportation, married him, and  didn't mind what he did outside until he fell in love with..???? Alan would find out and blackmail him into doing something but in the end Alex is cool with it and lets him go.