Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

She would have been great with all of them and especially Bobbie too. She would have excelled with the Quartermaines and would likely have been intrigued by Justus as a new player within the family. And Simone and Keesha would have been more than just afterthoughts.

Tony’s post-B.J. downward spiral probably would have been handled with a lighter touch (less psycho, maybe more akin to Ed’s trauma after Maureen’s death?)

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

She probably would have loved writing the initial Carly/Bobbie story, too, given how important Blake and Holly's mother/daughter dynamic was to her GL tenure. 

I think @titan1978 mentioned a few days ago that she also probably would have done a much better job of integrating the 'family man' Luke that Labine had fostered, with the more darker/sleezeball Luke that Geary and Guza loved so much, based on how much she was able to believably ground Roger Thorpe. 

And obviously since this is mid-90's, she would have been forced to carry the Sonny/Brenda torch...

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

Nancy Curlee + Wendy Riche . . . hmmm.  Hard to say. They would seem to share similar taste in stories, but GH was a volatile, unhappy place in those days apparently. Too bad -- a stint at GH would have reunited NC with Patrick Mulcahey, who joined the GH writing team in 1996. They worked magic together.

Yes, it always puzzled me why NC's name was never mentioned (officially) as a head writer for GL in the Laibson and Rauch years. She obviously knew and loved GL. Maybe it was a P&G or CBS thing?

• Members

Yeah, after the total focus on Stone, and then kind of meandering for a bit after he died, Labine’s team really set things up with nothing but potential.  They created Carly, Bobbie having memories of her abandoned baby, Jason’s accident and personality changes, and created Jax.  Guza inherited a really strong show.

Yeah that was me- I do think we could have gotten a Luke that was pretty true to what Geary wanted but with the darker complications he wanted and she did so well with Roger, without going as far as Guza did.  I agree also that we would have had an infinitely stronger story for Carly and Bobbie.

• Members

The first time he appeared by himself. The second appearance was a surprise pop in with other GL actors and the third one today by himself again.

Alan must have a crush on him.

Please register in order to view this content

I think Alan was there at the time Bartlett was on GL.