• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, cassadine1991 said:

Someone finally posted Kimberly J. Brown’s 2006 return as Marah on YT

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR YEARS! I always thought it wasn't true, because the episode could not be found and no news site posted about the return.

And it baffles me why Guiding Light never shot in 16:9 ratio, when it was clear they had the capabilities to do it in their pre-credits scenes.

Edited by Liberty City

• Members
5 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

I wish there were subtitles.

This person uploaded a couple of other episodes, too, but without knowing the dialogue it’s not as enjoyable to watch.

• Members

I ran across James Lipton's interview on the Archive Of American Television site, and I could not sit through it. He was pretentious and arrogant when asked about his time on soaps. The interviewer wanted to go in depth and Lipton quickly cut him off and said " Your spending too much time on this subject and that when he was in daytime he felt he gave it his all, but he has done far greater things compared to that. He did talk a bit about Irna and that she knew how to plot out storylines better than anyone, but said she could not write dialogue to save her life. He then mentioned how she taught him the ropes and was training Agnes Nixon and Bill Bell. 

• Members
25 minutes ago, SoapDope said:

I ran across James Lipton's interview on the Archive Of American Television site, and I could not sit through it. He was pretentious and arrogant when asked about his time on soaps. The interviewer wanted to go in depth and Lipton quickly cut him off and said " Your spending too much time on this subject and that when he was in daytime he felt he gave it his all, but he has done far greater things compared to that. He did talk a bit about Irna and that she knew how to plot out storylines better than anyone, but said she could not write dialogue to save her life. He then mentioned how she taught him the ropes and was training Agnes Nixon and Bill Bell. 

Links?

• Members
On 6/30/2021 at 10:14 AM, Forever8 said:

Today in Guiding Light History 

Please register in order to view this content

Compared to the other early 1950s soaps I have seen (The Bennett’s, SFT, LOL, Hawkins Falls) it’s amazing how well polished GL’s TV set was, like it was ready for primetime at time. 

• Members
1 hour ago, allmc2008 said:

Links?

https://interviews.televisionacademy.com/interviews/james-lipton?clip=111887#show-clips

You can click on the tabs at the bottom to go to the soap discussions. I went back and watched a bit more after I posted and he tells the interviewer " I implore you to move on and and ask more important questions"  He does go into Guiding Light with more depth and about Irna". I don't know if he was just getting bored talking about soaps, embarrassed, wanted to brag about what he considered his big projects  or was on a tight schedule. It just a comes off kind of snotty in places for me.

• Members
1 hour ago, SoapDope said:

I found most of his HW on Captiol generic and boring. He certainly wasn't on Aggie and Bill's level. 

• Members
17 minutes ago, victoria foxton said:

I found most of his HW on Captiol generic and boring. He certainly wasn't on Aggie and Bill's level. 

He comes across a self important and conceited. Most people found his writing terrible.