Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

In today's Locher...

Carolyn admitted Lisa Brown was not welcoming when she joined GL.  She placed the blame on herself saying she was intimidated by Lisa...but admitted that her pairing w/ Tom Nielsen didn't endear her to Lisa. Kristen V confirmed Lisa was always very "focused."  

Edited by gimmetoo

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Right, PFS's tenure was far too brief. I must say, although she is one of the best daytime soap writers, IMHO, her version of RH felt stilted and forced. I wonder how much network interference and poor producing were to blame. Didn't she work on the proposed Scruples series in 1984? If so, she was probably writing RH at the same time, although I don't know for sure.

• Members

To be fair, I though Kobe's Texas was a vast improvement over Paul Rauch's. But there was very little history for her to purge, and she did not axe the majority of the existing cast. 

While I did not think Bill Bell did his best work on early B&B, and while many actors in the original cast were quite bad, I would say that B&B with Kobe was also better than TGL had been with her. As you say, she was probably reigned in by the Bells. 

• Members

I can see that about Brown..I have read other people write about her on the set..what may be seen as bitchy and aloof might be a focus as one of the actresses said...but out right mean? Maybe that's why Kobe and Long minimized Nola, though she had more story left ( I would have killed off Quint as that was a one way road that ended..) But Martha? I read that she was the one who kept the morale up during the years after Marland leading up to Goutman and TPTB were grateful for that...(didnt last forever as we see how Goutman treated her.)

• Members

I always felt Lisa B was more method, more reserved.  She came to work to work..and not socialize.  So I could see how some people might read that as rude/cold/mean.

Martha..not sure I would deem her as mean...just maybe a tad dramatic.

The Carolyn/Kristen interview proved people that didn't work together can still interview well.

Also both of them were talkative and wouldn't let Alan sidetrack them either.

• Members

I'd love to ask Alan Locher, "So, who was this 'priest,' named 'Father Ruthledge' who supposedly existed in TGL's early days?

Please register in order to view this content

Also, if I had been in the interview with KV and CAC, I would have been baffled too when Alan asked, "Did you ever work with Violet?"

Um..WTF was Violet?

Alan first stumbled around that name (it turned out he was referring to the character of Mrs. Violet Renfield, whom nobody actually referred to as Violet) and then admitted he wasn't sure of the actress' real name or how to pronounce it.

UGH! If he chooses to ask a question about a past character/cast member, shouldn't he have some, any, idea of what he's trying to talk about?

Alan claims to have been a longtime fan and publicist for P&G, and yet he so often proves that he has little knowledge of major facts.