Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

Why not add homophobe to the list of Alan's crimes...as he produces evidence.."Oh Alex, by the way, your husband is...GAY!" Alex coolly says, "I know Alan, unlike you, I lived in Europe! Now I have to go, Cyrus and I have some shopping to do..I'm sure there is a crazy younger blond out there you can find to bolster up your fragile elderly male ego! Don't forget the blue pills dear!"

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

He also hits on another man that is closer to his age.  I’m just kind of happy to watch a gay character that has so much going on, and is also sexual.  Which rarely happens, even on HBO.  The show is so specific and it took me a couple of episodes to decide I liked it.

• Members

Hey not sure if everyone is aware but since 2019 TV guide has been uploaded to the internet archive from Mar 1953 and so far to Dec 1955. TV guide ran daily synopsis for GL and others (some days are missing here and there) They are usually just one sentence, but if you are interested in 50's GL or 50's TV in general check it out. They also sometimes have LOL, SFT and sometimes the other soaps of the day as well. 

It is in the American Libraries - Media History Digital Library - Filter to 1953 and Chicago and all the issues are there (maybe just one missing) 

Here is an example

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by will81