Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

I always loved the interworking of WSPR with Holly, Gilly, and Roger. Those 3 always had soft spot in my heart with the shady mess they'd do at that news station. It always bothered me how it was phased out in the mid 90s. I hate how career ambitions, which created so much drama on this show, was phased out around that time too. 

If you didn't work for Spaulding, Springfield PD, Cedars (which they hardly ever showed), or Company, you literally didn't have a job. 

I never saw it for Harley and Mallet. IMO, Mark Derwin had chemistry with Kimberly Simms. Mindy and Mallet was where the money was at. 

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I remember there being controversy on the web when one of the soap mags or something called Amy Carlson “Best Recast of 1998” when Carlson subbed for Ehlers and it opened up old wounds...22 years ago instead of being united P&G soap fans spent energy arguing about who was the best&worst of the three

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I thought Harley and Mallet had tons of chemistry. Harley grew up leading up to their pairing and throughout it.

It’s funny to watch the early 91 episodes where they’re chem-testing Harley and (Rick Hearst’s) A-M, Mallet and Mindy, Bake and Frank, Eleni and Dylan, Eleni and Frank, Eleni and A-M, Harley and Mallet. 

• Members

When I watch episodes from that era I think it is remarkable just how much chemistry and possibilities there are in the characters you listed.  There were sparks all over the place, and if many those actors had stayed, there could have been many years of potential pairings that could have worked.

Everyone seemed to have chemistry on that show at that time.

• Members

Derwin had chemistry with the chairs in the diner.  And yes, GL at that time could have gone off in any direction..its almost as if there could be alternate dimension GL where characters took off with a different character for different outcomes. I liked Harley and Mallet but I didn't think they were as hot as Mallet and Mindy...but then those two actors were the ones with the most chemistry and hotness so I can see then spreading that out (and Alex vs. Mindy worked great..for a while..as it included so many characters like Billy and Van, caught in the crossfire..) so I can see them wanting to spread it around. Some of the characters, like Frank and Fletcher it just seemed as if they were going to fit those characters and actors in no matter what so they did a merry go round...(remember briefly Van made Billy jealous by riding off on Frank's motorcycle in her fur coat..) but it just seemed that Fletch, Frank and Rick were all better off just on their own, interacting with the community (besides Eleni, and its no suprise that Frank floundered when Melina took her star talent elsewhere....so it really was not Frank and Eleni that were popular but Melina...) Interesting to see a show that was willing to coast for a while and try out different pairings rather then shoving then down the audience's throat.