Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I loved Hamp even though he was a stubborn old bull. 

Rewatching this unnerved me and reminded me how this show cast Hamp and Gilly aside once Nancy Curlee left. What was done to them was criminal. 

It always bothered me how GL (along with Y&R in the early 90s) flourished with diversity and nuked it to h*ll by '95. 

• Members

I thought it was going to go that way also..damn! But Buzz and Deas were the fantasies of both JFP and Patrick Mulcahey (as we have learned he worked through his daddy issues with writing for Buzz...ugh, if only he just went to therapy!!!) so of course he would be dynamite in bed! I don't get why they did not just write Buzz and Jenna off and gave them a happy ending instead of killing her? Buzz did nothing afterwards..and I can't believe JFP didn't try to lure him off to one of her other soaps.

• Members

About a year or so, I watched some GL episodes from '94 and it struck as sad how much Hamp had been marginalized by then and it only got worse after the departure of Kat.

Had Y&R not put Nathan through character assassination, Nathan Purdee probably could've been brought back some time in the last decade, provided the storyline were good (a big "if").

• Members

Hey..his Tom on ATWT was one of my first crushes. I think the Emmy and the industry recognition got to him and the director's and producers and critics so they just let him go and as Logan said, "Acting like his pants are on fire everyday" and he meant that as a compliment!!!

• Members

I doubt they would've ever brought Nathan back had he not been character assassinated. I think at that stage of the show, Y&R felt there was only room enough for 4 Black characters and Nathan wasn't one of them. That was enough to fulfill the quota. I think 4 is the magic number on soaps in general with the exception of AW in the early 80s.