Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

The past with Grant. I mean your think they'd be thrilled to see other. Although Krista does keep in touch with Judi. Judi nor Vincent had anything nice to say about Grant in their reunion. Judi gushed over John Bolger ex Phillip during her reunion with Vincent.

Alan didn't seem to like it. If PAS called me babe I'd babe him back...lol

Edited by Soapsuds

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Grant did not act professionally with Judi and did things that nowadays would get him into trouble. As he got older he stopped behaving in that manner, and ofc he does have friends from the show. Judi admitted to this without going into any details, but it explains why they moved Beth away from Phillip when it was possible.

• Members

John Bolger was such a stunning man. I'm sorry this is the only soap where he wasn't tainted with JFP pushing him. 

I do wonder what might have been if Judi had stayed in the part as it feels like Judi's acting steadily matured during her three years as Beth, but not as blank as Beth Chamberlin could be in her first turn in the part. Given her alleged history with Grant I guess she would not have ever kept in the role.

I guess this is some of the Rick and Claire story they used in that weird 2000 retcon. Looks like a big pile of [!@#$%^&*] - did it play out any better live?

(at least Michael O'Leary looked hot, so I guess that is something)

Edited by DRW50

This episode SO MEH. I simply love all the cool tunes played at Company. Kyle always felt like Reva's Substitute leading man. Bland Meave's crazy scheme was so stupid. I do love the interstrength. And maturity Judi Evans gave Beth. Fake Ed was so BAD. Original recipe Dinah unknowingly coming onto her first cousin Phillip. 

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

Jennifer Gatti (a.k.a. Original Recipe Dinah) didn't bother me the way I guess, she may bother some. It's just that the efforts to make her look more "carni" mixed with 80s styling did her no favors. When you see her photo stills from other show appearances she made like "Full House" and her stint on Y&R (controversial casting, though it may be), Hatti looked perfectly fine and comparable to her peers on the show. The styling for her Dinah, however was awful, with those bulky sweaters and lion's mane coiffure.

Edited by DramatistDreamer