Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Finally saw all of the Christmas GL reunion fundraiser. Some observations..

1. Not enough was spent on those new to the reunion.

2. Other actors were happy to see James Goodwin.

3. Alan accidentally brought in Beth Ethlers while Kim was on....lol

4. Alan's cam literally came crashing down...lol

5. The tension during the four musketeers reunion was heavy.

6. When signing off Paul Anthony Stewart called Alan... "babe".   Ewwww ...I know PAS has better taste than that.....look at his hot husband. I had to lol at Alan reaction after PAS called him babe..lol

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I agree that certain people could have had a bit more time, but I doubt it was supposed to go over 2 hours. 

I think James Goodwin has a sense of humor, so people were glad to see him, I laughed when he said that Peter and Jerry weren't nice people, or whatever it was, because you could tell it wasn't something awful or based on reality (like other awkward moments during the livestream.) I liked seeing Rachel and Peter together, and liked that she was the only Michelle he interacted with, as why not.

When I think of the Johnny Bauer cancer story I think of the story Beth shared about part of the set going on fire during that scene with everyone holding the candles - no idea if it was the take used or during rehearsal and how Beth, Kim and Jerry were trying to stop the flames, as they were closest to the fire. 

When the camera fell I was worried the chat would end, and we wouldn't see everyone. It was different the time that Alan was cut off, and the attendees continued chatting without him. 

I wonder if Paul calls everyone babe, and Alan did seem shook. Paul is comfortable in his skin, which is a wonderful thing. 

The Kim and Beth being on at the same time was so short, unlike the part with the four musketeers where I felt relieved when they brought in Tina Sloan. 

bl (who watched the video of the Shayne reunion last night...that made the Thursday livestream seem a lot less messy. Kristi's comment about Kim's treatment of her, and the chat about Larkin Malloy totally entertaining. And well hearing about Chris Bernau with Kim's Max, well why can't we get more of that content. People talking about Chris....) 

• Members

I've never heard PAS call anyone babe. I thought I was hearing things so I replayed it to make sure I heard correctly.

The four musketeers was tense because of Grant. Once he signed off due to audio issues the chat with Krista, Michael and Judi picked up. Grant also had this smirky weird looking face. Judi reunion with Vincent was more joyous.

I know many didn't like Johnny but I did so it was great seeing James again. And Annabelle was a nice surprise too!  I wanted to find out if she got along with Gregory Beecroft. Oh wow didn't know Gregory was from Texas.

• Members

All the Reardons except for Mo were gone when she was on, so she interacted with the Bauers the most and was considered one.  Bea was on for her intro, but she never worked with Lisa Brown, Melissa, or the Matt actor.

I just watched the reunion and it was great! Whatever faults Alan may have with not knowing some things, I do think he really did love the shows. It was great to see everyone...(though I did feel like a bit weird finding Little Bill attractive) and that they obviously really like each other. I agree that Evan seemed a bit standoffish but she has had a hell of a year so the fact that she even did this was great..PAS looks damn sexy now and I never thought one way or the other about him on the show, and Nancy looks great too...though, the weird musical interlude from SS was..weird...

Edited by Mitch