Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

Question: So, just how many secretaries did Brandon Spaulding have affairs with? 

I remember Bess Lowell from that whole storyline about the 'footrace' to get control of Spaulding by proving that Jenna Bradshaw's father had no claim but I just read about a woman named Amanda Wexler (played by Rita Lloyd, who I best remember from her work on As The World Turns). Can anyone illuminate on this?  Was Bess more of a retcon character or had the character been spoken of or appear before the 90s?  In what order were all these affairs?

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think it was posted late last year (2019) on that forum. I hope the information is true. I know several early 70's episodes of GL, ATWT, and AW thought to of been wiped is listed in the UCLA TV and film database. They are marked as not being playable on archive equipment. There is a guy on youtube called Obsolete Video and he transfers out of date film/videotape formats to digital media. They need to contact him. There is probably some treasures out there that is collecting dust as we speak. I would love to see an episode of GL from about 1968 or 69 in color. I wonder if Mart Hulswit (Ed) or the late Don Stewart (Mike) had copies of old episodes they appeared in ? Maybe Charita Bauer's son has some of his mom's work ?

Edited by SoapDope

• Members

I kept waiting too. There was that woman who kept VCR's running in her house since the 70's. She had a warehouse full of videotapes when she died a few years back. Her son said he wants to donate them to someone who will preserve and make them available. 

• Members

In a Daily TV Serials interview in 1974, Jacquie Courtney mentioned that she had had copies made of her most memorable episodes of Another World. I always wondered if she was the one who released her 1973/4 Emmy reel videotape, which was used in the 50 Years of Soaps TV special from 1994. (In the closing credits of that program, when the donators of clips were being acknowledged, producers gave "special thanks to...Jacqueline Courtney."

• Members

Buzz and Reva were married? How did the set survive?!

But really, I had no idea and I watched the show for a few years. They didn't act like exes at all. Their paths rarely crossed when I watched.