• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

A few thoughts:

I liked hearing about Simon and Taggart's time on Search, and how they transitioned from writers to actors.

I wasn't surprised to hear that Jonathan was basically Kreizman's surrogate/stand-in character. He also mentioned Harley as one of his favorites.

When Taggart asked Brown if he was "responsible" for the clone, he blamed Rauch for the idea. I didn't expect him to declare that he was a fan of kitchen sink drama or that Ryan's Hope was his favorite soap, given the kind of writing E&B are known for. Also heard some new details about the Zaslow situation. Apparently E&B convinced Rauch to give Roger ALS, but the story was pulled at the last minute. Also, no one on the panel knew that MZ played David Rinaldi in the 80s, and that when he went to OLTL he was reprising an old role, not creating a new one.

I had no idea Millee wrote for Gary Marshall shows. Courtney and Millee's stories are great. Dave is a tasty snack

Please register in order to view this content

But Main Street and Peapack era's were so bad.This was a good group. But Alan continues to suck. I do wonder if any of them was a POC. Would they had gotten the breaks they got? 

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

This is such a random question - does anyone know anything about these two scriptwriters? I know this is an old tweet but I have heard and seen Jill mention them before but there is not much out there about them

• Members

Alan needed to be more prepared especially for this one. He didn't even know who the HW was during the Mindy/Roger/Alex story. He should've been in the chat room earlier getting questions from fans and preparing his own instead of his usual generic ones. 

• Members

Shame he didn't think to get Curlee or Long to do this.  Both are strong willed personalities...yet in 1989/90 worked well together (they split the work 50/50 I recall).  It seemed like Mindy and Roger hooking up was Curlee's idea..and it sounds like the Adam Malick arc wasn't Curlee..but Long's idea.  I quite liked it and it oddly made sense..and Holly's scream at his unmasking was memorable 

• Members

I kind of felt sorry for Kreizman. Maybe I'm seeing something that isn't there but he looked embarrassed when they would talk about Days. Then I looked him up and he was kind of the ones responsible for putting GL and ATWT in their graves. Yikes.

Edited by BillBauer

• Members

These days I wouldnt charge one single person with putting the shows in the grave. I think Kriezman had good ideas but typical for younger writers, couldn't follow through and storylines petered out.  I think he had his all two obvious faves and like most writers, needed a strong producer to reign him in or guide him, which he didn't have at GL. I did like that he admitted its better for a writer to not have favorites and he does seem intelligent. And yes, he has aged into his looks and is very good looking.

Which all of the writers did on the show, so its really interesting that some really bad storylines came out of them. I like that Brown was embarrassed about the clone and had interesting things to say about Mo's death and Zaz and ALS. I am glad to know the writers and Rauch wanted to proceed with the storyline..as a big an ass Rauch could be I always felt he was embarrassed by the treatment of Zaz. I loved that Taggert got that the Bauers were the heart of the show, but had to laugh at the other writers blank stares..

And yes, I wanted more indepth questions such as "Whose idea was the clone" (Alan has to know damn well it was an exec. I think the dreaded Wendy Fishman who came up with it.) Why do you think the Bauers were obscured..what character did you HATE writing for. Did the actors ever try to influence storyline...(LW looking at you blondie) what did you think of what the writers who came directly after your stint and their material..(would love to hear Taggerts thoughts on Weston and her destruction of Alex and everything else.)