Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I wish Alan would tape these and edit them like other people are doing. I hate to complain but I can't with the awkward silences and constant overlapping. I get secondhand embarrassment. Besides, he almost never reads the fans' questions anyway so there is no point in doing these Live.

• Members

I dont understand why Locher thinks a group of 5 works !?! 

His best reunions are the smaller ones -- fewer tech issues, fewer ppl talking over each other and more depth / time for each person to talk.  You would think he would have learned this by now... 

And would he PLEASE stop asking what they are up to during quarantine !  

We have enough issues with our own homeschooling we don't need to hear about theirs.

Alan, please keep it to stories about GL 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

One thing that bugs me about the reunions so far is that he hardly asks any of them fan questions. He perhaps start with one or two but lets the guests take over the conversation. He should ask questions directly to one person. It would eliminate everybody jumping in and interrupting. 

Example 

Kimberley Simms : How did you feel about taking over the role from Krista Teserau? 

Jocelyn Seagrave : Did you like the ending for your character? 

Edited by Forever8

• Members

Totally agree.

Despite the tech issues, the LOVING reunion worked so well w/ a big group because each actress was asked a pre-solicited fan question that pertained to their specific role or storyline. The format allowed for a great and lively (and very frank) discussion.

Alan says he's "doing it for the fans" and always asks the same fan interaction question at the end (enough of this question for each interview)...but he could do a better job of involving the fans --- their questions would make it easier for him and more interesting for everyone.  

I actually think his best interviews have been the OLTL & AMC ones --- he tends to rely on fan questions more, likely because he is less familiar with those shows.  

• Members

Id Love to see some of these soap reunions with either actors that were fired from their roles and/or ones that are like all The actors that played Bill Lewis the 3rd or Michelle Bauer. Stuff like that

• Members

That's funny because I recognised Simms right away, but it took me a bit to figure out who Englund and Seagrove were. I thought Seagrove was Carolyn Hennessy at first glance which confused me.

I've stopped listening to and watching these reunions because I can't take the horrible interviewers (not just Locher). It's not that difficult to allow actors to talk and ask relevant questions. I'm not even that versed on some of the soaps, and I could do a quick internet search to come up with relevant questions.