Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

A part of me wonders if he's worried about legal action, as he was in PR. 

It's a real contrast to the Loving chat, where it seemed nobody involved gave a [!@#$%^&*] about decorum with backstage tales.

• Members

I can get Alan's frustration as he's hoping these work out smoothly for his sake and the audience, and I know the tech issues have been annoying in the past but I was thoroughly entertained with Kristi's antics today, talking over people, her reaction and logging on and off again. She seems sweet however. I didn't mind it. Besides, Alan could have prevented all of this so it's not entirely her fault. Also, sometimes Alan doesn't know how to follow up or continue the dialogue and there's awkward moments in conversation because of that and I'm like oh no...someone say something. 

Yes, I watched that one as well and they were definitely ready to spill. I mean that's the reason I watch these anyway, I want to know what was happening behind the scenes, how actors got along good and bad, funny moments, etc. 

Edited by GLATWT88

• Members

I think it's also because Alan was part of PGP management, and still sees himself as part of management. I didn't like how he protected PGP and MADD by pivoting when Denise Pence brought up the Zaslow situation.

Also if P&P someday realizes that it is sitting on a potential IP goldmine in the form of its soap archives and licenses, who are they going to ask to organize/market it? He probably doesn't want to burn bridges.

He should solicit questions from fans in advance, and have a list of those questions ready at hand during these awkward pauses. It's not that difficult.

• Members

The LADIES OF LOVING reunion was Gold Standard. If you didn’t watch LOVING, you should watch this, just to see how well it can be done. Moderators. Questions. One actor at a time. 

Compared to it, The Locher Room is local access cable from Alan’s basement. They’re just not getting any better. 

• Members

And The Ladies of Loving had major sound issues at their start but was fixed and was a great reunion & very open about the feelings of the actors on LOVING

Thats why Im surprised that he booked Ilene Kristen for the OLTL reunion on Wednesday. She is very blunt. You cannot censor her & I  love it

• Members

Enjoyed the stories about Larkin and Jordan Clarke today...and MOL's story of crushing on Krista while they were in their working together early on. 

Alan's ability to access these actors is amazing...but agree he needs help w/ his interviewing skills. At one point today, Krista and MOL jumped in to ask questions.  The Loving reunion hosts had solicited questions from fans in advance and it prompted great conversation.  ALL questions related to their time on Loving and each person was asked their own question -- no discussion of home-schooling during quarantine, gardening under lockdown or the student films they did back in 82 thankfully !  

The AMC reunions on EW.com this week have been very well done too...everything is all about AMC.

• Members

I doubt anyone is still wondering why Kristi Ferrell never returned to GL.  She’s a fruit loop, God love her. 

Or was she method-acting and playing “mental breakdown Roxie” 30 years later?

Her former co-stars did not seem surprised or fazed by her, tho. I loved it. 

• Members

Another reunion is set and I'm excited about this one!!!

On Wednesday June 10, at 3 p.m. ET. Participating in the online chat will be Mark Derwin (ex-Mallet), Morgan Englund (ex-Dylan), Melissa Hayden (ex-Bridget), Kimberley Simms (ex-Mindy) and Jocelyn Seagrave (ex-Julie)

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/new-guiding-light-virtual-reunion-planned/