Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

I always liked Harley and Josh, and I'm glad Beth felt that way as well. 

But telling she said she always found something about "the person" to fall in love with when talking about love interests...

Interesting that Fiona said it was Michael Zaslow who pushed to cast her and have her join as Jenna. 

I always heard that JFP offered her the role without an audition, but seems like Zaslow was behind it. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Poor Frank..he really is Frank Cooper, a dumb nice guy. Apparently Melina was desperate to get out of her pairing with him and have more scenes with Deas or the AM actor, but Frank was always apparently oblivious to it!

I like Ehlers better as a middle aged cranky person then her bitter shrill thing she had going when GL was on life support.

• Members

YES agreed -- this was one of Locher's better ones, largely because all the actors were enthusiastic and Deas (despite being very low volume) is a hoot.  Thankfully Frank jumped right in at the beginning (plowing over Alan as host thank God).  So we didn't have to listen to Alan's Q&A's about the actor's knitting habits during quarantine.  The actors' enthusiasm and stories really brought this one to life...and Alan graciously just let the actors talk.  Same thing happened w/ Fiona's OLTL reunion a few weeks back.  The actors ran with the conversation...and the reunion was all the better for it.

Compared to the torturous Ellen Dolan interview last week, this one deserved a DAYTIME EMMY.  After all those police station interrogation scenes, Ellen D sure does know how to NOT answer a question. 

Edited by gimmetoo

• Members

I'm SO many pages behind and OMG I saw that on Twitter when it came out and just died. DIED. 

And I agree with everyone on Alan Locher. He means well ... lol, but  you've all pointed out his flaws and what's wrong with the streams. I'd love more indepth but we just aren't getting it with him. I agree with Carl that it's likely his PR and management background. Damage control is what they do. But Alan Locher, seriously, WE ALL KNOW about Zaslow so

Please register in order to view this content

Anywho, back to reading the thread ....

LOL I agree. But to be fair to him I think he 'knows' many of them and is trying to be personable by asking what they're up to in quarantine before jumping in but I'd love to see him get some help doing these. He means well ...

• Members

Noooo stop it! lol. I didn't watch today and am actually kinda behind on some of them. Dying.

My first Mindy was Krista, based on when I watched (started watching GL in 1997, and honestly at the time don't remember seeing Simms return for HB's funeral, I was young at the time so I didn't watch all the time and probably thought she was Krista; I always do my soap research though). She was always my favorite Mindy and I was so confused why she would just pop up for guest stints and never stick around. Always bugged me.

That being said, I finally saw Simms as Mindy thanks to YouTube and fell IN LOVE with her. But at first I was like "nope, not today, no thanks" in all honesty. She was GREEN, IMHO. But that also could have been she was playing out the 'growth' in Mindy and also playing out what was written for Krista's Mindy. I was like "who the hell is this and where is my Mindy?" She certainly came into her own and damn I loved her as Mindy.

I love them both as Mindy, honestly, for different reasons.

Haven't see Hamilton yet. 

I have mixed feelings on Crampton. Adore her as an actress and loved her on Y&R, LOVED her. But there was a lot going wrong with GL when she arrived in the role and it was too much 'evil Alex and poor Mindy' for my tastes. Barbara felt limited in the role, to me. She wasn't bad but never really stood out IMO. She felt like a mix of Simms and Tesreau without the good writing. I can see why, on paper, they would cast her in the role. The show was pretty laser focused on Vincent Irizarry though and I think Mindy suffered a bit as a character after Simms left. They also kinda overdid the whole "Nick/Mindy" love story IMO. It felt Reilly-ish at times and a little too much both when Simms was leaving and then when Crampton came on/Mindy came back. 

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I was so sad to hear about Mary Pat Gleason's passing.  She was one of those character actors I always looked forward to seeing on various shows.  (Her appearance on "Mama's Family" is still a favorite.)  May she RIP.

• Members

Okay, I just got a chance to see the Cooper reunion and it was fun (I wished Justin's mic's volume was up higher), the conversation moved at a good clip and it seemed like everyone said what they wanted to say.  I did miss Jean Carol's presence though. It was nice to hear that Melina and Frank still keep in touch, their story didn't always service their characters but they had genuine onscreen chemistry.