Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

It got better!  

Caitlin is hoping to become a nurse. She has a baby. She had the lapband removed, she said. 

Bonnie has twins. She and Caitlin are still best friends but didn’t like each other at first.  Apparently Bonnie came in with a little bit of an attitude and Caitlin was like “I’ve got all the friends on the show!”  Helen the makeup artist told them, look, you two need to be friends. 

Orlagh looks great and seems to be doing great, careerwise. 

Jessica added nothing to this. 

Murray reminisced about Marj. Thought she’d be old-fashioned and not kiss for real. He was wrong!

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

"Taggert was still writing this right? Marj could have been good as Alex is they kept writing her as they did JoanAlex..and I like the use of the entire cast here and the clever use of the studio (Edge used to do that..they should have put more action at WSPR and used the studio that way."

If I remember correctly, the episode before this was Taggart's official last show. Fitting since the final scene was of the bomb dropping down the stairs of the studio. 

• Members

Just watched this the other day. I started watching a clip from December '83 and was hoping to find the next episodes but they weren't available, but I did find the one you posted. Pretty amazing. Love GA

Edited by GLATWT88

• Members

Someone mentioned and shared a video from an episode of GL where they were playing Madonna's Justify My Love. As I was watching an episode of GL on YouTube, I hear Janet's Diamonds in the background as Phillip talks to Harley around the 12 minute mark of the episode from September 19, 1988.

Actually a little further into the episode, you also hear Bette Davis Eyes playing in the diner. I guess I was thinking this was something rare....forgive me, I started watching soaps avidly in 2003. I forget that they actually had budgets at one time.

Edited by GLATWT88

• Members

This seemed to happen consistently until at least the mid 90s, I think. GL played Janet Jackson's "Diamonds" on more than one occasion. Recently I watched an episode where it was played in a scene at Company where Roxie was working.

I also remember hearing Bruce Springsteen in a sultry scene between Reva and Josh, but who can forget Wrecks-n-Effect's "Rumpshaker" leading off a scene that took place in Bridget's bedroom?

And as controlling as Prince was said to be over his music, he and/or his record company did give As The World Turns permission to use "Let's Go Crazy" from the Purple Rain album/soundtrack in at least one of that show's scenes.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

It warms my heart to hear Amelia state that her time at GL was her favorite time on daytime. I always felt that the show was stupid to allow her to slip through their fingers. Gilly was one of my all-time faves. Especially, when she was caught in the middle of Roger and Holly's antics. I was just watching the scenes from earlier when Gilly scolded Holly for selling those salacious pics of Blake and Ross in flagrante delicto to ruin Ross' senate chances. Good times.