Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I hated that Reva lost “her” family. She was firmly a Lewis for the last 15 years, even when her last name wasn’t Lewis. 

Hawk and Rusty could’ve continued on as supporting.  I remember they met Cassie.  (Alan Locher called her “Cassie Shayne.”  Lawd, no. She was Shady LAYNE.) 

Sarah didn’t need to be killed off to introduce Cassie either. 

I just felt sad that Roxie lived out her life in some mental institution, similar to Ken Norris before her (for over 20 years). 

Even recasting Roxie and making her a rival of Cassie could’ve been very interesting. 

• Members

I'd settle for an all-soap diva revival of "Follies." 

Please register in order to view this content

Yeah, IIRC, he was Co-HW with Sheri Anderson and (I think) Charles Pratt, Jr.?  Outside of OLTL and DARK SHADOWS, though, he didn't have a very memorable HW'ing stint.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Obviously, the writing for Nola was baddddd during this second stint (thanks McTavish!), and Bridget's best years were beyond her at this point too. However, Lisa Brown and Melissa Hayden look SO MUCH like one another, Melissa could have easily been Nola's daughter Stacey. The two also had instant faminal chemistry.

• Members

Lisa Brown and Melissa Hayden's chemistry as Nola and Bridget was probably one of the very few bright spots in an otherwise dark and nasty period for GL.  If only Nancy Curlee had been around to write for those two....

• Members

It all looks really good and funny..I guess the last ten years of GL has lowered my standards. I wonder why they didnt make Bridget Stacey? She looked so much like Brown and it would make sense that Stacey would be sent stateside while Nola and Quint are on a dig, and maybe A.J. sent too, Ed and Mo would have to deal with two teens.

Brown and Hayden's chemistry was still the same at the last week appearances..even Hayden the Peter actor were good together.. Its too bad that  GL ..didnt build on the Reardon family with Nola facing her nightmare she is now in my Mom's place, the Reardon matriarch and running the Boardinghouse and getting into everyone's business. I found the Coopers hopelessly drab and depressing.

Yes, I don't think Ferrel is her old skinny self (who of us from that time are???) and it would have been good to have a recast back during the Stalker storyline is Roxie better or is she the stalker, and to have Roxie take Reva's side against Cassie during the Richard mercy killing..(I always wanted for Cassie to go full on sneering BITCH after his death the part she was destined to play...) I do wish Reva's weight gain was addressed..and she comes to the conclusion that her sexiness comes from something else. Kimmer looked exactly as Reva would look in middle aged, the girl has an appetite you know!

• Members

Nancy Curlee even said she wanted her own/young Nola, and thus created Bridget. She also said she would have loved to write for Nola, but obviously Brown was playing Iva on ATWT at the time. I think that's the only reason why Bridget wasn't Stacey, P&G probably didn't want fans asking for Nola to return when Brown was committed to their other soap. 

Having not been fully acquainted with Nola (and Quint) at the time, I remember thinking, "what the hell is Iva doing in Springfield and why is she acting so wacky?" when Brown first came back. 

• Members

LOL..I was watching ATWT at the Student Center between classes and when Lisa Brown first appeared as Iva..a very large football player yelled out "Nola REARDON..what the hell are you doing in Oakdale!" and everyone was laughing.