AMC: Daytime Confidential confirming production moving to LA

• Members

From what I remember, he comes from a wealthy family. That's where he got the money to help him own/co-own more than a couple NY restaurants. In addition to Prohibition, I know he co-owns/co-owned Lucky's Famous Burger and at least one other restaurant

ETA: About Thorsten Kaye, I could be wrong, but I would bet that if Alisha went to OLTL, TK would go as Zach, his AMC character, not Patrick. It's been 10 years since Patrick was on OLTL, and OLTL has a history of having actors return as different characters (Roy Thinnes, Christine Jones, Saundra Santiago, and some I can't remember.....BTW, I'm not including actors here who played characters that were supposed to look like other characters, either through being twins, like Gerald Anthony's Marco/Mario, or just looking alike like Thom Christopher's Carlo/Mortimer).

They would just play it that Marty (and other characters) didn't notice any resemblance, much like Skye never noticed GH's Laura looked like her cousin Ceara from AMC, GH's Sonny looked like her friend Nico from AMC, GH's mayor looked like her mother's boyfriend from OLTL, or GH's Roscoe looked like her ex-boyfriend Mitch from AMC, etc).

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Seems to me that if OLTL got Zach and Kendall, lots of supporting contract players would have to go to make room in the budget. The minority and older characters would be on the chopping block. I would not like that at all.

• Members

Absolutely! The business of soaps is the best soap out there. This move is like a sweeps murder mystery! "Who will live? Who will die?"

My guesses/bets:

Susan Lucci won't make the move officially but will make guest appearances.

Canary will leave.

Minshew will take this opportunity to walk away. Her last contract negs have been contentious and she has a lot going on in her real life. This would be a good time for her to step back, have her baby, and just enjoy life for a year or two. I may hate Kendall but Alicia is a hard working actress who has earned the right to a couple of quiet years IMO.

Thorsten Kaye will go with the the show and Haskell will find a way out of her contract. SH will get the Emmy this year then she'll walk away. I suspect that would've happened regardless of AMC's situation and OLTL is as good as canceled. Better his AMC/LA salary for 3-4 years than her OLTL/NYC salary for one.

• Members

You'll never get rid of Stacey. Never. Just give up that pipe dream because Stacey is there to stay until the sun supernovas. If tomorrow a glacier covered the earth, North Korea launched a nuclear bomb and a swine flu/SARS hybrid all managed to wipe out humanity only two things would survive: cockroaches and Stacey.

And I'd challenge anyone to tell the the difference between the two.

• Members

This seem pretty obvious to me. Laura is a signature character and to have her on the show would require a seismic upheaval to the direction of the show. They would have to take huge chunks of airtime away from Sonny, Jason and Carly and chronicle the domestic drama of their leading lady, Laura Spencer. That is just not what they want GH to be about these days.

• Members

OLTL already has too many men unpleasant jerks passed off as leading men (Rex, Todd). Zach would be way too many.

I can't see him moving to OLTL, especially if it's almost gone, as some keep saying. With the poor material Susan Haskell has been given I won't be surprised if she decides to leave when she can, especially if Thorsten relocates.

• Members

The actors on AMC seem to hate Pratt while the actors on OLTL genuinely admire Carlvati. TK may want to head for OLTL for reasons both location and artistic.

OLTL fans would very likely despise Zendall heading to their show. The best way to keep both actors in New York is let TK return as Patrick and cast AM as Kelly or Sarah (if GT ends up being Kelly).

If AM won't go to LA, recast Kendall with Sarah Brown. SB's been a dud on GH but that's really the writing. Kendall is the kind of character that's right up her alley.

• Members

Guessing the actors who are going to make the move is entertaining, albeit bittersweet.

ITA about Susan Lucci. I think she sticks around for her 40th anniversary and then makes occasional stints for a story arc or two.

Unfortunately, I think you are right about David Canary. My fingers are crossed that he makes the move, but I am highly doubtful. The silence about his plans is the most unnerving to me. I think AMC will suffer losing him even more La Lucci.

I have no clue what Minshew will do. I won't miss her if she leaves AMC.

Thorsten Kaye and Susan Haskell would be smart to do what you suggest because it does not look good for OLTL. I also think that Susan can get some prime time guest appearance work in LA which she might be able to parlay into a regular gig.

Archived