AMC: Daytime Confidential confirming production moving to LA

• Members

Oh gosh no. I can't stand SMG. Overrated. I know some people don't like Alicia's acting, but I prefer Alicia to SMG. Plus, I'm biased towards La Lucci and I know SMG and La Lucci had their issues. I don't want to see SMG anywhere near All My Children even if La Lucci is no longer part of the show.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm in the camp that hopes Alicia Minshew goes. (When is her baby due? Wouldn't she still be on maternity leave when AMC moves to LA). I used to love her, and her Kendall, but years of overexposure has tarnished the character's shine. This show needs a break from Kendall (and Zach, for that matter).

Although, I fear that ABC would easily let Haskell out of her OLTL contract so she could move with TK if that's what he chose. I think the network values TK more than SH.

Or maybe they'll give her a role on GH, heh.

Edit: Apparently I can't write today (Sunday cocktails were not a good idea. hrmph).

• Members

Oooh, I like this idea, though! I think SB would prefer to work for JHC over JFP. Remember she called JHC up for an AMC role (pre ATWT) but Frons nixed it?)

Alas, ABC wouldn't let SB leave GH. Whatev.

I don't think ABC will transfer TK and AM to OLTL. I think ABC's reasoning is that if they won't be around to benefit AMC, they won't waste money to keep them on a show that has trucked along fine without them. It's all about cutting costs, folks.

ALSO...this is expected but Bobbie Eakes confirms on her Facebook that she and her hubby are moving back to LA. She says that she is sad that many crew members will be out of work.

• Members

Is this for real? Why would ABC only want Sarah Brown on GH when she will end up playing the same Carly character when that character is already on the canvas? That makes little sense. I am already surprised that ABC took her back after her meltdown at the CBS chief. You would think that they would not want that kind of crazy in their house.

• Members

So Bobbie Eakes said that there will essentially be an entirely new crew in LA. So does the current crew not even have the option of going to LA in order to keep their job? I mean if one of the technical directors were to say "I'll move to LA and I'll pay my own way just to keep this job" he/she will be told to get stuffed?

Archived