AMC: Daytime Confidential confirming production moving to LA

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh my Gahhd, I am so criminally out of the loop, I had no idea that those shows were moving to Stamford and I live minutes away in Westchester. Maybe the wife and I can finally get those *Murray* tickets. As a matter of fact, I believe Maury did an outdoor on-location show in Stamford not too long ago, I guess that was a warm-up? Steve Wilkos' show makes me feel very awkward and uncomfortable, no matter how horrible those guests are I just can't stand to watch him toss their chairs off the set and make them stand while he rips them a new one.

• Members

If you go to Playbill.com, you will find that last week 11 Broadway shows brought in a million dollars each.

Also, if you look at Variety.com, you'll find article's stating Broadway had it's best and most profotable season ever, bringing in it's highest grosses. The season ended June 30th of this year. Not all shows may make it, but Broadway is hardly struggling.

• Members

Trying to do some sleuthing, I went to Aisha Tyler's website. Her pilot is set to tape next week in Los Angeles at the Warner Bros studio. As far as timeline, once the pilot is shot, it will be tested and if it tests well with no hurdles, I'm guessing the earliest the show could debut would be early next year. It seems too late for a Fall premiere.

Maybe ABC really is syndicating this show and not in fact trying to replace one of the soaps. Another poster pointed out that ABC could be readying Aisha's show to take the place of Oprah on any ABC affiliates on which the show airs, which seems like a good strategy. But Oprah's show doesn't leave the broadcast airwaves until 2011.

Maybe the decision to syndicate Aisha's show will come down to how the soaps perform in this next year. If there's an upswing, Aisha's show will go into syndication. But if not, it will replace one of the ABC soaps.

Or, ABC could trim two of the soaps to a 1/2 hour and have room for Aisha's show. Though, I don't think cutting the running time of a show saves money in the long run.

Archived