AMC: Daytime Confidential confirming production moving to LA

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, and Y&R when you said CT I figured somewhere in Fairfield, but no, Deal or No Deal is moving all the way up to Waterford! I mean, I guess it's because I'm always running late, but for years I've wondered how people like Erika Slezak could get themselves up two hours before the crack of dawn and drive in from Long Island. I would have so lost my job, please, I'd be late if I lived on the UWS. I'm guessing Howie and the girls will be put up in hotels in the area and will shoot several eps a day like most game shows, but I couldn't see a soap going way up there. But Fairfield or Westchester in New York, sure, we've got the Metro North. And of course there's Peapack...

• Members

Technical directors are covered by the DGA. And so they have the option of making the move.

By crew members who automatically are losing their jobs...they are referring to people outside of what we typically think of "crew" -- stage managers, tech. directors, costume designers, etc. are safe. People like electricians (not lighting designers), prop guys, carpenters, wardrobe assistants, boom operators, who are not covered under the more "glamorous" guilds are going to get the shaft.

It seems to happen whenever a show makes a move. When GL moved further uptown a few years ago, most of these crew members got cut because of labor union rules. And when ATWT moved to Brooklyn, they lost the same kind of people (on the upside, all the displaced AW crew members got jobs again).

• Members

Acting long ago moved to California from NY as the epicenter, but it really is sad that the culture capital of the country is losing everything. The NY soaps traditionally had better actors trained in theater, and now not only are there no more soaps, but there is barely any theater and when there is it is Chicago with Jerry Springer.

Archived